SAIC is seeking a Legal Analyst to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA). TS/SCI Clearance level is required
The candidate will:
The legal analyst must be able to provide support for the following international agreements: Article 98, Acquisition and Cross Servicing Agreement, Counter-Threat Reduction, General Security of Military Information Agreement, General Security of Information Agreement, Status of Forces Agreement, Chapeau Agreement, Military Information Exchange Agreement, Circular 175, Defense Cooperation Agreement, Research and Development Agreement or Memorandum of Understanding, Loan/Grant/Guaranty/Credit Agreements, Liaison Agreements, Personnel Exchange Agreement, Reciprocal Defense Procurement Agreement, Non- Reciprocal Agreements, Reciprocal Government Services Agreement, Exchange of Scientist and Engineers Agreement, Loan and Lease of Equipment Agreement, Implementing Arrangement or Agreement, and Cyber Defense and Information Assurance Agreement.
Required Educational Background:
- Bachelors’ Degree in a legal or international relations related field from an accredited institution.
- Three years of OSD-level experience with the following:
- Providing preliminary review of legal files for sufficiency before final review by supervising attorneys.
- Providing initial analysis, review, and support for international agreements to which the DoD and its components are signatories.
- Fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and online research tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Candidate must have flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Previous government experience, or experience in a law office, corporate general counsel office, or JAG office.
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
- Special Circumstances: No travel anticipated Military Base access required (Pentagon)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org