Contract start date (tentative): 1st March 2018
Remuneration: According to EuroMed Rights’ salary scale, based on years of experience + reimbursement of public transport + lunch vouchers
Application deadline: 5 February 2018, midnight CET
Description of Tasks
The Programme Assistant will assist the Paris-based Migration & Asylum Programme Officer. S/he will be based in Brussels at EuroMed Rights office where the Advocacy Department and the Communications Department are located. S/he will work under the supervision of the Programme Officer.
In coordination with relevant programmes (Communications, Advocacy, country offices) when relevant, the Programme Assistant will be in charge of the following:
- Organisation of activities: Support the Programme Officer in the organisation of the activities of the Migration & Asylum programme, including working group meetings twice a year, regional seminars, advocacy missions and trainings. This includes sending invitation letters, setting up meetings, booking hotels, preparing budgets, accounting, logistics, note-taking and reporting tasks;
- Internal and external EU policies developments in relation to migration and asylum policies in Mediterranean countries including border management. This may include attending meetings held in Brussels with other civil society organisations or with EU authorities, in coordination with EuroMed Rights’ members and partners present in Brussels;
- Policy developments in relation migration and policy in the South/South-East Mediterranean countries as well international organisations, such as the UN, related to Migration and Asylum.
- Actively research, update and distribute information on Migration & Asylum in the Euro-Mediterranean region to the members of the Working Group and to the partners;
- Maintain and update contact database;
- Assist in the drafting of reports, statements, press releases and other documents published by EuroMed Rights on Migration & Asylum;
- Ensure the printing, translation, publishing and promotion of the materials and reports of the programme;
- Participating in some programme activities in the Euro-Mediterranean region;
- Represent EuroMed Rights upon delegation of the Migration & Asylum Programme Officer when requested.
- University Degree in European Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered;
- Knowledge of EU policies in relation to migration and asylum is necessary, as well as knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions. Knowledge of UN mechanisms would be an asset;
- Knowledge of international human rights standards;
- Proven track record with civil society work;
- Practical experience in events management and administrative tasks;
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken English and good written and spoken French are required. Knowledge of Arabic will be considered as an asset;
- Computer literacy in the Pack Office;
- Self-motivated, well-organised, able to work strategically, independently and efficiently under pressure, in particular to meet the needs of at-risk human rights defenders in a fast, flexible and relentless manner;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to details.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) by 05 February 2018 at midnight CET to Marie Picalausa, Administrative, Financial & Human Resource Officer.
Interviews will take place during the week of 12 February 2018. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org