The Administration Division is based in Brussels and provides internal services and support to the whole organisation. As a Senior HR Officer, you will be leading a team consisting of four professionals who are all committed to excellence in its deliverables and responsibilities. You will report directly to the Director of Administration.
• recruit staff for the Secretariat, i.e. for all three duty stations;
• review, adopt and develop existing HR policies;
• assist the Director of Administration in determining and implementing HR objectives;
• exercise delegated authority for interpreting EFTA’s Staff Regulations and Rules;
• act as an advisor on HR issues for Directors;
• liaise with insurance companies regarding questions from Staff and the Pensioners;
• review and propose updates to the Administrative Guidelines;
• control and participate in the salary process;
• provide and organise general training for staff;
• assist the Financial Mechanism Office in all HR matters.
All HR team members are responsible for the continuous improvement of the processes carried out by the team. Therefore, initiative and an open-minded attitude are required.
Master’s Degree in HR management or equivalent.
• In-depth proven experience in HR;
• Leadership experience, preferably in an international organisation or a national administration;
• Sound knowledge in the use of HR systems and web-based recruitment tools;
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office software.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to work independently;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Reliable, trustworthy and committed;
• Ability to closely cooperate with all stakeholders.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English;
• Knowledge of French and/or Dutch would be an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org