The Arabia Foundation, an independent Washington DC-based think tank focused on the geopolitics and socioeconomics of the Middle East, with a particular focus on the Arabian Peninsula, is seeking a full-time director of communications. The director will develop, execute, and administer the Arabia Foundation’s external communications strategy; including media relations/outreach, digital/social media, and corporate branding. The director will also be responsible for organizing conferences, panels, and other special events.
- Minimum of five years of experience in media relations, communications strategy, corporate branding, and digital communications;
- Strong networking skills and solid foundation of media contacts – including editors, producers, and journalists in tier-one US media;
- Strong knowledge of social media communications strategies and platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin);
- Demonstrated ability to quickly pitch and place articles and op-eds in tier-one English-language media;
- Experience organizing, running, and preparing materials for press briefings, panels, conferences and special events;
- Experience maintaining and updating contact databases;
- Experience with CRM platforms, including constant contact;
- Knowledge of Middle East affairs strongly preferred;
- Arabic language proficiency preferred;
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed.
Applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae, a cover letter which details their experiences and skills, and the contact details of three references in one combined PDF file via e-mail to [email protected]. Please be sure to write “Director of Communications” in the e-mail subject heading. Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed.