SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed: Team Leader Organisation, Leadership and People Development (f/m).
Under the direct supervision of the International Director of HROD the incumbent is responsible for the design and delivery of organisational, leadership and people development strategies and the management of change in support of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans including providing information, advice and services as required to key stakeholders within the organisation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
In the context of Leadership and People Development:
- Drive the global leadership and people development initiatives across the federation;
- Build capability through talent management, succession planning for top executive and business critical positions at the General Secretariat of the organisation;
- Develop a concept to enhance a performance driven culture;
- Design and implement a talent strategy to ensure processes are business relevant, simplified and executed consistently to achieve desired HR results.
In the context of Organisation Development:
- Proactively support organisation development and design projects at various organisational levels including a standard of hierarchy and personnel infrastructure and related position description and title architecture;
- Design re-organisation frames across the General Secretariat to provide change management expertise for key initiatives including its facilitation;
- Drive “culture change initiatives” for leadership development in close partnership with senior leaders;
- Be responsible and develop further a framework for a competency model that meets business requirements, is aligned with our Strategy 2030 and allows to identify gaps and learning opportunities within the organisation;
- Oversee regular reviews of the federation’s governance framework, related procedures and national statutes; develop and recommend improvements as necessary, and work closely with member associations of SOS Children’s Villages to ensure the global federation standard.
- Master Degree in Social and/or Economic Sciences preferably with focus on Human Resources or Organisation Development or other relevant area, or a Bachelor Degree with additional experience in the subject area;
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in human resources at international level with focus on organisational and people development;
- Sound knowledge of human resources principles, management and best practices as well as procedures and operations preferably also gained within an international non-profit environment;
- Experience in managing complex projects with focus on change management and providing related expert advice at senior management level;
- Proven ability to be a collaborative leader and creative problem solver who has demonstrated success as a transformational leader while managing change;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; German, French or Spanish is an advantage;
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU.
- The opportunity to work in one of the largest International Non-Profit Organisations on Child Care, in a position with a varied scope of tasks and responsibilities directly impacting on the development of the organisation in achieving its strategic goals;
- To contribute to our meaningful mission: “We build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities.”;
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org