With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks a Program Assistant (PA) to support program management functions on a large USAID malaria contract in the Malaria, Child Survival, and Sanitation department. The PA will have wide?ranging responsibilities and work with project staff at all levels both in Washington and overseas. The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects with an emphasis on administrative tasks. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Program Officer, APMSD.
Sound good to you? Read on.
- Fulfilling administrative functions, including invoicing and expense reconciling;
- Supporting administrative preparation for key project sanitation presentations, conferences, meetings and retreats;
- Plan a variety of events, including project meetings and retreats;
- Assisting with domestic and international travel arrangements including expense report preparation, hotel reservations, visa applications, travel concurrence requests, drafting necessary invitation letters and arranging meeting schedules for international staff visiting DC;
- Assisting in creation and updating of communications materials, including one pagers and presentations;
- Assisting in review and editing of project workplans and reports;
- Responding to internal/external requests for information and assisting with website updates as necessary;
- Responsible for coordinating the management and maintenance of the project website and SharePoint page;
- Provide administrative and financial management support to the project, including assisting with reporting and preparation and tracking of budgets;
- Assist with review and payment of invoices and drafting of consultant contracts;
- Support onboarding of new project staff and train all team members in PSI processes and procedures.
- Connect team members to resources in headquarters and at the country level; and
- Fulfill other programmatic, financial, and administrative functions as required.
- Bachelor's degree; master's degree preferred in a relevant field (public health, international relations, etc.)
- At least one year experience working in a fast?paced office environment
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments preferred
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks
What would get us excited?
- The successful candidate will be a customer service oriented;
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have proven problem solving ability;
- Work efficiently and quickly under pressure;
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks;
- Team Player: You know how to connect several diverse groups of people to get things done; and
- Self-Starter: You are not afraid to jump in from the start and get your hands dirty with minimal direction.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this positon
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org