Peace is our commitment. The United States Institute of Peace represents the American people’s shared values and commitment to peace around the world. We know that Peace is Security – it advances both U.S. and international security by preventing, managing and mitigating violent conflict.
We were chartered in 1984 as an independent, non-partisan institution and are actively engaged with peacebuilding efforts around the world. Together we tackle the toughest problems and hold fast to the possibility of a more peaceful world.
The INPROL Coordinator will provide coordination and administrative support for activities related to the International Network to Promote the Rule of Law (INPROL). S/he will be responsible to coordinate INPROL’s activities under relevant inter agency agreements. S/he will also coordinate INPROL’s transition into a new online platform for practitioner use in the future. The INPROL Coordinator reports to the Director for Rule of Law, Justice and Security in ACT/GPI.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Program Planning Support:
- Manage INPROL activities at a global level, tracking progress towards and ensuring completion of deliverables. · Coordinate implementation of Afghanistan INPROL activities with the Asia Center Afghanistan team and USIP Kabul Office (KBO) rule of law staff.
- Lead regular meetings with Kabul based colleagues and confer with USIP’s Afghanistan team as needed to support Afghanistan project implementation.·
- With support from the Kabul office, lead the quarterly reporting process, collecting and organizing data and updates and drafting necessary documentation.·
- Coordinate with the Kabul office to track regular collection of data for Monitoring and Evaluation (for both donor-defined and internal/ACT indicators).·
- Work with the Kabul office to form a coherent, documented strategy for fostering network sustainability in Afghanistan.
Budget & Contract Management:
- Develop and monitor program budgets, tracking expenditure and adjusting as necessary.
- Support procurement work for the INPROL project, preparing contract requests, communicating with vendors, and briefing contract COTRs on expected vendor deliverables.
- Assist with finance tasks, including invoicing and the generation of receipts. Serve as PoC for vendors if there are issues with processing payments.
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements for staff.
INPROL Specific Duties:
- Facilitate INPROL’s Rule of Law and Police Forums in partnership with USIP colleagues and/or external contractors, securing technical support as needed. Promote interaction amongst international and Afghanistan based INPROL-members using these online spaces in coordination with the Afghanistan team.
- Support KBO-based updating of the Afghanistan country page, assisting team members with generating and structuring content that meets website users’ needs and providing support with editing.
- Support KBO-based teammates in creating a strategy for the regular updating of the Afghanistan Digital Library. Draft a policy to standardize entry of resources that exist in multiple languages, and assist generating new entries.
- Identify and share relevant news, tools, case studies, and jobs for the Afghanistan network.
- Partner with the Kabul office to develop blogs, podcasts, one-pagers, or other resources featuring lessons from USIP’s Afghanistan-based projects. Lead development of USIP publications relating to INPROL as appropriate.
- Manage the INPROL website, updating content and arranging for technical support from contractors as necessary to ensure site security and functionality.
- Provide technical support to members experiencing difficulties with the INPROL website.
- Generate content for INPROL’s social media accounts.
- Work with the Director of Rule of Law, Justice, and Security to transition INPROL into a new website that will serve as a low-intensity, low maintenance, but scalable resource hub with plug-ins to support content in multiple, critical languages. · Support the establishment of partnerships and the conduct of outreach activities that advance USIP’s and INPROL’s mission. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in international relations or related field.
- Four (4) or more years related business or administrative experience to become familiar with general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of major office activities.
- Familiarity with the work of INPROL an asset.
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel, is required.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; adept at multi-tasking.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org