Do you care passionately about supporting nonprofits and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If you do, this is the role for you. Foundation Center is looking for a part-time Data Discovery Assistant, International Grantmakers with dynamic online research skills to join our Data Discovery team.
Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit Foundation Center's website each day and are served in its five regional hubs and its network of more than 400 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
Scedule: 19 hours per week, Monday through Friday (Flexible) between the hours of 10:00am to 5:30pm
The Data Discovery Team seeks a dynamic individual to support Foundation Center’s data research covering international (non-U.S.-based) grantmakers and related projects as a part-time assistant. S/he will serve as a critical arm to Foundation Center’s research process in gathering timely data on the giving, funding interests, and overall profile information of grantmakers located around the globe. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, both oral and written, excellent grammar and proofreading skills, outstanding internet research skills, an interest in philanthropy/nonprofit sector (interest in international affairs a plus), a friendly and outgoing disposition, and the ability to learn new technologies.
· Provide critical support for research on international foundations.
· Review existing records and update as necessary to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of Foundation Center’s data on international philanthropy.
· Classify international organizations and their activities using Foundation Center’s Philanthropy Classification System, and participate in the grant coding process.
· Research and write up summaries of the nature of philanthropy in priority countries identified by Foundation Center.
· Assist the Data Discovery department with research and data entry tasks for special projects as needed.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org