The Program Assistant (PA) will be a member of the Chemical Security Practice Area (CSPA). S/he will provide administrative support to the team implementing projects in the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, and South Asia for U.S. government clients and other funders. The PA will support the implementation of technical, financial, and administrative aspects of an assigned portfolio, such as grant programs, webinars, and workshops/trainings. S/he will support international training and institutional development projects and contribute to general program activities.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who has attention to detail and can work both independently and as a part of the team.
- Assists with CSPA program/project implementation, including arranging logistics for grant programs, workshops, and/or trainings, assist with managing consultant contracts, and leading or supporting online webinars
- Serves as the contact point for inquiries from applicants and grantees, and responds to routine inquiries
- Drafts routine correspondence
- Provides responsive and effective assistance to CSPA team members, clients, other funders as well as grantees and partners
- Reconciles project, contract, and related expenses
- Maintains records of program information for the team, including information on projects, proposals, grantees, partners, consultants, and project and program evaluation parameters
- Assists with recruitment of reviewers for grant competitions as well as consultants for programmatic activities
- Assists team members with development of proposals including research, draft preparation, editing and budgeting
- Conducts research on relevant topics, assisting with the preparation of client deliverables about project activities
- Supports other programs and staff, as required
- At least one to two years of work experience
- Administrative experience, including making travel arrangements, providing event organization support is a plus
- Substantive experience living and working/studying abroad or working with international organizations in the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, and South Asia is a plus
- B.A/B.S. degree required
- Strong organizational skills, great attention to detail, focus on client and team needs
- Ability to prioritize and multitask competing assignments
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with team members, external clients and stakeholders
- Solid research, writing and communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to work with and maintain more advanced databases (experience with Microsoft Project is desirable)
- Foreign language proficiency desired but not required; ability to communicate and research in Arabic, Turkish, or French is a plus
- U.S. work authorization is required
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.