The Program Coordinator will support the Voices Against Violence Initiative, with specific focus on providing case management for the urgent financial assistance component of the program. The coordinator will also provide French linguistic expertise for a number of gender-based violence programs. The Program Coordinator’s work will also include cross-team collaboration. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Director of Programs for Human Rights.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of the agenda, content and materials for events internationally and domestically. Provide case management for urgent financial assistance component of the VAV program.
- Language: Provide linguistic expertise in French for a gender-based violence program. This includes outreach, case management, and other related activities.
- Reporting: Draft semi-annual reports to funders covering subject matter including monitoring & evaluation; activity implementation and communications updates; best practices and lessons learned identified; and program management updates.
- Contractor and Sub-Grantee Management: Manage sub-grantee and contractor agreements. This includes, but is not limited to reviewing proposals, contracts, budgets and program and financial reports.
- Financial Management: Drafting program budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors.
- Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Human Rights team and specific program. Develop and edit program descriptions on VV website and other print or electronic media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field plus 2 – 4 years of work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 1 – 3 years of work experience required.
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly gender-based violence
- Experience providing GBV case management in the context direct service provision strongly preferred
- Advanced French language proficiency required
- Experience living, working and/or studying in Sub Saharan Africa, strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Grant management experience, including development of requests for proposals, and ability to effectively coordinate with sub-grantees
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary
- Experience with database management
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce).
The Human Rights Program Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 20% may be required for the position. Some evening, weekend and holiday working hours are required for the urgent financial assistance portion of the program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position. Authorization to work in
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org