• Lead business development activities for or in support of technical divisions within IDG. This may include identifying, researching, and analyzing new opportunities; supporting business capture; and managing, leading and writing proposals for work funded by USAID and other key donors and clients.
• Explore business opportunities in key IDG markets to include countries with an existing RTI presence or new countries. Advise on the selection of new capture markets over time.
• Responsible for identifying, understanding and developing potential clients to include host government and private sector; identifying and qualifying key partner organizations and possible staff; and evaluating competitor activities.
• Contributes to proposal sections and serves as lead or supporting writer as required.
• Responsible for keeping potential clients and key contacts ‘warm’.
• Provide routine business development activity updates to Salesforce.
• Represent IDG to donors, private sector companies, foundations, and professional and voluntary associations, identifying synergies and developing partnerships and alliances as appropriate. Present and speak effectively on RTI’s broader institutional capabilities.
• Identify and develop public-private partnerships (PPPs) and cost-share alliances with private sector, foundation, and non-governmental partners.
• Responsible for communicating business development intelligence gathered to technical divisions and field staff in a timely and open manner.
• Participate in broad IDG representation to clients and partners, as required in Washington DC or elsewhere to include active networking through RTI institutional memberships, attendance at work-related events, and promotion of RTI broadly in the international development community.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org