Vision Quest is a leading regional research and capacity development consulting firm. With operations in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia and South Sudan.VQ provides evidence-based research and consulting services to NGO’s, UN Agencies and private companies.
Vision Quest is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Business Development team at the Manager level. Based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel, the BDM will identify, establish, and maintain relationships with clients across East Africa. He or she will contribute to the business development of the firm which includes but not limited to proposal writing, client mapping and attending meetings.
- Identify opportunities through desk research
- Assist the Research Team on various aspects of projects, including playing a key role in select projects in order to gain valuable research experience
- Review client Terms of Reference and other requests received to determine VQ suitability to respond
- Liaise with the Head of Research & Quality Assurance and the Managing Director to Identify appropriate expertise to handle the tasks
- Prepare high-quality proposals in response to TORs received (in close collaboration with subject matter technical experts).
- Prepare appropriate yet competitive budgets to accompany proposals developed
- Ensure high-quality proposals are submitted to clients ahead of deadlines.
- Arrange and participate in proposal interviews with clients
- Identify all potential partners, clients, and competitors in East Africa and establish a database for contact management
- Establish contact with partners, clients, and competitors and represent VQ in introductory meetings to explain our unique selling points/competitive advantages
- Maintain relationships with existing/new partners through routine contact
- Assist in improving and maintaining new and existing business development resources (templates, CVs, promotional materials, databases, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in International Affairs, Anthropology, Political Science, International Development Studies, or another relevant social science topic.
Required relevant work experience: minimum of 3-5 years’ experience
- English and French
- Effective ability to pro-actively prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and remotely with little oversight
- Experience with grant writing or training in business development
- Familiarity with research, including quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong Microsoft Office and Internet research skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience preparing high-quality research proposals
- A background in research or program evaluation will be an added advantage
Preferred (but not required) skills:
- Experience living or working in Africa
- Knowledge of the international development industry
Please submit your cover letter, CV, and a writing sample in English (no longer than 3 pages) with your name as the filename, to [email protected] and [email protected] no later than May 31, 2018. Applications will be received on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org