UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, Digital Strategy Section (DSS) draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF's work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability. Web stories, blog entries, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms all are a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices.
The Communication Officer (Digital Content Producer, French) position sits within DSS' Web Team, under the overall supervision of the Communication Specialist (Head of Web), and under the general guidance of the Communication Specialist (Editorial Lead, unicef.org).
How can you make a difference?
The Communication Officer (Digital Content Producer, French) is responsible for, inter alia, strategy and production on the French variant of the global website (dynamic and evergreen content), the French variant of the UNICEF Connect blog and global social media channels in French, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Web oversight, production
- Strategize and execute home page localized to the Francophone audience and in line with communication calendar
- Work with the editorial, graphic design, web development, and other communications teams to launch new site features and content
- Select dynamic content for production, produce it, including art and multimedia content, to support communication initiatives and execute localization approach
- Build modules of evergreen content and keep them fresh
- Carry out production on microsites, other dynamic areas of site, relevant to campaigns and initiatives
- Post press releases
Blog oversight, production
- Liaise with Francophone offices, English global blog editor, to ensure stream of quality content in French
- Strategize, vet, produce, curate relevant content, and help build audience, for this emergent multilingual platform
Focal point for global platforms, channels in French
- Liaise with offices in Francophone areas (RO, COs, NatComs) to ensure best collaboration possible for global channels
- Liaise with DSS and other DOC sections regarding initiatives, content of relevance to Francophone audience
- Ensure the proper, appropriate and timely dissemination of information
- Ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency with UNICEF's goals, strategies, messages and brand
Social media content development and oversight
- Develop and implement tailored social media strategy to specific language audiences
- Generate content for UNICEF French social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, in collaboration with other social media coordinators and community managers
- Engage with audience by evaluating and responding to selected inquiries/comments
- Oversee development and use of quality digital materials (stories, photos and multimedia material) on social media platforms
- Coordinate translation process and work with translators to ensure quality and uniform content delivery
- Collaborate with colleagues across DSS, providing support as necessary, e.g. voiceovers, video scripts, graphics, marketing, social media
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of the Internet and in particular productivity enhancing solutions relating to languages on the website
Monitoring and analysis
- Monitoring, evaluation and analysis of all digital channels to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of digital efforts across global French platforms and channels
As an advocate for every child, you will have:
Advanced university degree in communication, journalism, international relations or other fields related to the work of UNICEF. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Good communication skills
- Three years of experience in a media or new media environment
- Content management experience
- Social media experience
- Ability to coordinate Web content professionally
- Proficient in HTML, image optimization and Adobe Photoshop
- Detail-oriented, creative, able to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Content management systems, especially OpenText (RedDot) CMS is highly desirable
- Web and graphic design experience is a plus
For every child, you demonstrate:
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org