Vacancy Announcement: VAP044V01
Deadline for applications: 25th May 2018
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract duration: 1 year
Type of post: Local
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 15 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD is inviting all interested candidates to apply for the position of Junior Project Officer with a focus on capacity building for the European Union funded Project ‘Migrants in Countries in Crisis (MICIC): Supporting an Evidence-based Approach for Effective and Cooperative State Action’.
The overall objective of the Project is to improve the capacity of States and other actors to assist and protect migrants who find themselves in countries in crisis.
The Project has three inter-related components, namely:
- Research (completed): Providing sound data on migration in countries in crisis in order to inform efforts to address and respond to future crises;
- Consultation (completed): Facilitating regional consultations to contribute to the drafting of guidelines on approaches that strengthen the ability of States and other actors to address the needs of migrants in countries in crisis;
- Capacity building (ongoing): Strengthening the capacities of States and other key actors to meet challenges related to migrants in countries in crisis.
Please note that this post is subject to approval and availability of project funds.
The Project Logistics Administrator supports implementation of all capacity building and promotional activities of the Project. S/he carries out tasks in support of project development and implementation and provides administrative support to project management processes.
The Project Logistic Administrator is responsible for the administrative processes and support functions in the project. S/he organises project events and meetings being responsible for the management and implementation of the logistical arrangements and follow up. S/he compiles and prepares inputs to meetings, project reports, presentations and communication materials and processes activities in support of recruitment and procurement actions as well as manages contracts with contractors. S/he is responsible for maintaining project’s filing system. The Project Logistics Administrator works under the supervision of the Project Manager ensuring a smooth and timely delivery of project activities under the Project’s work plan and collaboratively with all members of the Project Team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the organisation of all workshops and meetings being responsible for flight bookings, meeting facilities, catering and other services;
- Administer contracts and manage communications with service providers, interpreters and experts and process actions in the SAP software. Take corrective actions when services are not satisfactorily delivered;
- Identify any logistical bottlenecks and propose ways to meet the procurements/logistic needs in a timely manner;
- Collect, compile and dispatch background materials, documents and other materials for meetings;
- Draft routine correspondence;
- Maintain project documentation electronically and on physical file;
- Prepare and arrange for security on mission and monitor security situation;
- Prepare translations and/or proofread project documents;
- Prepare pre- and final activity budget and support reporting on activities;
- Undertake duty travel, as needed;
- Performs any other duties as required.
- Administrative and logistical support activities implemented promptly, accurately and efficiently;
- Project implementation supported by efficient and timely support to organisation of activities;
- Project formulation supported by timely and correct preparation of supporting documents;
- Project filing system maintained;
- Procurement and recruitment processes implemented timely and in line with ICMPD rules and procedures and following the system steps.
- A minimum of 2 years’ of position-relevant work experience in project administration and implementation of projects in an international organisation context. Prior experience with a regional or international institution would be an added advantage;
- Experience in organisation of events and meetings;
- Knowledge of ERP systems – knowledge of SAP in an asset;
- Excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Experience in managing conflict priorities and working with tight deadlines;
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Excellent command of standard MS-office software.
- Bilingual English and French. Able to draft technical documents in both languages. Working knowledge of Arabic or Russian would be an asset;
- University degree (Bachelor or higher) in event coordination, logistics operations/management, secretariat, business management or other relevant discipline.
ICMPD offers an attractive compensatory package, participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependency rate.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org