MADRE seeks an energetic Program Coordinator to coordinate the implementation of MADRE’s programs in the Middle East, including, but not limited to programs in Iraq, Syria, Palestine, and Yemen. This is a crosscutting position within MADRE in which the Program Coordinator will work across MADRE’s Grant making and Project Management teams, however, the Program Coordinator will report directly to MADRE’s Director of Project Management.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to MADRE’s Middle East partners and manage the day to day functions of programs to assist with successful completion of activities, trouble shoot challenges and maximize overall program success;
- Work with the Grant Making and Project Management teams to develop robust systems for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and reporting to identify and document program progress, successes, challenges and lessons learned;
- Coordinate the implementation of these plans and the M&E activities of MADRE and our Middle East partners and ensure timely data collection and submission of progress reports, including narrative and financial reporting to MADRE and our external funders;
- Prepare short and quarterly narrative reports, updates and presentations on program progress to share with staff, members, donors, and the MADRE board;
- Prepare disbursement letters and contracts for Middle East partners in both English and Arabic;
- Translate proposals, correspondence, and other program related materials in both English and Arabic;
- Assist with the coordination and completion of organizational capacity building trainings for MADRE’s Middle East partners;
- Liaise with and facilitate communication between MADRE and our Middle East partners;
- Coordinate the collection and reconciliation of financial documentation and correspondence, as needed;
- Engage with and respond to requests for information from program and project staff and funders;
- Assist in event planning, partner visits, program meetings, technical assistance, and managing travel and site visits;
- Conduct research and analysis on humanitarian and human rights issues in the Middle East region, as deemed necessary;
- Draft internal research and program memoranda, as needed;
- Represent MADRE at speaking engagements and meetings;
- Coordinate the work of program interns and consultants working both in New York and the Middle East region;
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and MADRE’s mission;
- Familiarity with human rights issues in the Middle East region;
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills including dynamic public speaking ability, and the ability to articulate human rights issues persuasively, particularly with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with team members and external partners;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure are required;
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in human rights or a related social science field and a minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Applicant must be willing to travel internationally between 5-10% of the time;
- Experience developing and implementing effective monitoring and evaluation systems a plus;
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Flexible start date. Citizens of all nationalities are encouraged to apply. MADRE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices based on a person's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, disability and other status, and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. Please send a cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org