The Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data (GPSDD), hosted at the UN Foundation, is a fast-growing, dynamic international partnership bringing together over 300 different organizations including governments, UN agencies, private companies, civil society organizations, and many others. We make connections and broker partnerships to address the problems of gaps in data production, poor data use, access, quality, and to work with stakeholders to fully harness the new opportunities of the data revolution in the service of sustainable development. We aim to link and align action, capacities and resources across geographies, sectors and data communities.
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic Policy Associate with strong research and writing skills who will help advance the GPSDD’s policy agenda, particularly around more and better financing for data. Working closely with the Senior Director of Policy and the secretariat team, the Associate will track debates on development data, identify opportunities where the GPSDD is uniquely positioned to contribute, and amplify partners’ work in support of global advocacy on data.
- Maintain an awareness of the landscape and debates on data for development, and cross-cutting policy issues in relation to implementation and monitoring of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Support the GPSDD’s policy work by conducting research, analysis and writing, and contributing to the overall strategy.
- Track GPSDD partners’ research and policy work on data for development and proactively identify opportunities to leverage and amplify their work in support of global advocacy on data.
- Proactively identify opportunities for the GPSDD to play a useful role in debates and policy development on data and the SDGs.
- Support the GPSDD ‘leave no one behind’ data collaborative and related task teams by contributing to the content of discussions, facilitating partner engagement, and managing meeting logistics.
- Track policy issues arising from GPSDD’s national and regional engagement and create linkages to relevant policy work advanced by GPSDD and partners.
- Build relationships with partner organizations’ policy functions and support GPSDD’s partner engagement strategy.
- Support the execution of GPSDD’s political strategy; including convening, publications, attending events and communicating via the website and directly with partners.
- Work with the Communications team to develop content as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- 5 years’ experience in international development, development data, or foreign policy and Master’s degree in related field.
- Proven ability to research, analyze, and write on a variety of policy and development issues.
- Proven ability to work across departments and with partners from different organizations to accomplish mission.
- Communications skills (listening, speaking, and writing).
- Continuous learning skills and the ability to synthesize information.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to flexibly manage multiple tasks with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Team player that is interested in being part of a highly functioning, fast-paced group of professionals.
- Willingness to help out with tasks beyond their immediate role when needed.
- Sense of humor and ability to work well with individuals from very different cultural and institutional backgrounds.
- Experience with the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Multi-cultural experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance / tardiness policy.
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP with HSA),
- dental insurance,
- vision discounts,
- flexible spending accounts,
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
- group term and supplemental life insurance,
- short-term disability,
- long-term disability,
- health club discounts,
- commuter benefits, andemployee assistance program.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org