Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor, the Senior Local Governance Advisor is responsible for the planning and implementation of project activities related to strengthening CSO partnerships with government and private sector around Marawi, including leveraging resources in broader Philippines to bolster formal and informal networks and mechanisms to promote constructive collective action. This will include providing a broad range of technical support and capacity development to municipal council members and staff. S/he is responsible for overseeing advising and enabling Community Promoters in how to foster dialogue between IDPs and other citizens, the most local government, and the municipal government in Marawi and other regional municipalities. S/he will also report on the program progress.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Senior Technical Advisor.
- Local governance strategy for the project;
- Input into the Community Participation Plans;
- Development of the mechanism and process, as required, that will enable citizen-local government dialogue in each community;
- Capacity building recommendations for local government leaders.
- Provide a broad range of technical assistance and capacity development to government officials, civil society organizations, or other stakeholders;
- Facilitate public dialogue on governance and civic engagement between government and non-governmental actors through technical assistance to local civil society organizations;
- Lead the identification of strategic approaches to multi-stakeholder dialogue, government/civil society engagement, and government responsiveness to citizen needs;
- Support the STA and COP in the development of the project strategic framework and work plans for the program implementation to ensure the achievement of the program goals;
- Work with local public servants on engaging with constituents and addressing their priorities by providing technical advice and guidance;
- Facilitate interaction, collaboration, and collective action between diverse stakeholders and leverage stakeholder networks to develop strategies advocating citizen priorities;
- Support the collaboration of civil society and media to raise awareness of citizen priorities;
- Engage women, youth, and excluded groups in public and political dialogue, and electoral campaigns;
- Document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned and share them with through regular program reports; and
- Deliver technical presentations on program achievements to implementing partners, civil society organizations, government officials, donor, and other organizations.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, or a relevant field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with governance and advocacy initiatives with international development programs, preferably with USG;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the Philippines;
- Expertise in public service, good governance and/or accountability and oversight;
- Proven effectiveness in managing local government relations;
- Experience with civil society and government capacity building, and governance accountability;
- Strong experience with coalition building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including civil society, and government;
- Able to work effectively and professionally with local government officials, civil society organizations (CSOs), donor, project staff, and other beneficiaries;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment;
- Experience with providing technical assistance, including organizing and conducting workshop and trainings; and
- Fluency in English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Professional experience in Mindanao;
- Knowledge of CVE and experience working in a VE-affected environment;
- Fluency in a local language; competence in Maranao; and
- Experience in gender mainstreaming projects.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org