Asia Society, a prestigious, global non-profit with an exciting portfolio of programs in the areas of public policy, arts and culture, and education, is seeking a Program Officer for our NYC location. The Program Officer provides administrative, logistical, program, and research support for Asia Society Policy Institute’s policy initiatives and operations, and specifically for the Vice President of International Security and Diplomacy.
· Provide administrative support to the Vice President of International Security and Diplomacy including managing invitations, scheduling, contacts, correspondence, meeting preparations, travel arrangements, processing and tracking expenses, and forward planning;
· Develop and maintain office systems and procedures to ensure timely and efficient administrative workflow;
· Assist in maintaining the Institute’s database of contacts and mailing lists;
· Handle arrangements for private and public events and meetings, including booking facilities, arranging catering, developing guest lists, drafting and distributing invitations, collecting/tracking RSVPs, staffing the event, and handling necessary follow-up;
· Liaise regularly with ASPI’s DC office and other ASPI senior staff on plans, programs, activities, and events;
· Prepare materials for use in public and private events, including but not limited
to public announcements, program handouts, talking points, PowerPoint presentations, correspondence with participants, and content or social media describing the event;
· Assist the Vice President in drafting talking points, speeches and remarks, papers,
articles, blog posts, and other content;
· Provide research assistance to the Vice President and the department, including project-related background and analysis; monitoring and circulating relevant media, governmental or academic reports as appropriate; and reporting on relevant hearings and conferences as needed;
· Collaborate on the development of new ASPI policy initiatives as well as providing logistical and coordination support for ongoing ones;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Persuades others; builds consensus through give and take; gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
· Develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
Professional and Results-Oriented:
· Seeks to consistently produce results that achieve goals and objectives.
· Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and observing deadlines.
· Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Good judgment, tact and discretion.
· Ability to translate ideas into action.
Collaboration and Teamwork:
· Excellent skills in communicating with people from different cultures, backgrounds, and across time zones.
· Works with others towards common purposes to achieve shared goals by developing and maintaining responsive, cooperative and mutually beneficial internal and external relationships.
· Acts as a global facilitator to have conversations, exchange ideas and build understanding.
· Identifies new and creative ways of doing something or solving a problem that improves, changes and results in value to the organization and constituencies (could be through technology or introducing new ways of thinking).
· Uses technology for impact, reach and efficiency, such as through social media, databases, etc.
· Professional competencies in the related field of work.
· Recognizes trends in theory and practice of one’s own technical area and effectively prepares for anticipated changes.
For more information on benefits go to: www.asiasociety.org/careers
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Indicate job title and reference code ID-1817 in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org