Palladium seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Trade Reform and Development in Egypt (TRADE) project. The project will aim to increase Egypt's exports and investments to improve the share of exports to GDP, increase the number of new exporters, and narrow the trade deficit. The project will have three primary objectives, each of which will be led by an assigned Component Lead: 1) Enhanced capacity of new and expanding export-ready enterprises to increase sales and reach new markets in selected sectors; 2) Strengthened public and private trade-support institutions that assist SMEs to compete in the international marketplace; and 3) Improved trade and investment policy, regulatory and institutional environment.
Purpose of Position
The COP will report to Palladium's Home Office Project Director. S/he will serve as the primary contact for USAID and will liaise directly with the project's Contracting Officer's Representative.
- Leads technical direction and strategy development for implementation (including drafting project work plans), and ensures an integrated vision across components and partners;
- Ensures overall quality and cost effectiveness, and establishes and maintains robust and adaptive knowledge management and M&E systems;
- Ensures effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and partner deliverables, and overall compliance with USAID regulations and Palladium policies and procedures;
- Works with staff to recruit, hire and manage staff and consultants as needed to carry out activities;
- Works in partnership with a Home Office Project Director, engaging in frequent, routine communication so that the home office is aware of both progress and potential issues, and solicits assistance and input as needed to ensure that performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements;
- Manages subcontractors, both international and local, to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements;
- Serves as the key liaison between USAID, host-country counterparts, project partners, and Palladium;
- Supports implementation of Palladium's security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues. Addresses local staffing and personnel issues related to security.
- Master's Degree or higher in economics, international development, finance, business, or in a closely related field is required;
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of Arabic would be a strong asset;
- A minimum of 12 years of experience working in economic development, at least eight years of which have been spent in COP or Team Lead level positions, preferably on Economic Growth contracts of similar size, scope, and complexity;
- Experience establishing and strengthening productive and collaborative relationships with government counterparts, local organizations, private sector, and other donor organizations;
- Experience working for large donor organizations such as USAID required; knowledge of USAID contract management, policies, procedures, regulations and reporting requirements strongly preferred;.
- Experience supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs;
- Strong leadership, program, organizational management and oral and written communication skills;
- Prior work in Egypt and/or the wider region is highly desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org