DAI’s Business Development department is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual with full life cycle recruitment experience and/or other relevant experience in international development to join its Recruitment team. The ideal candidate will be able to recruit individuals for positions identified on proposals and current DAI projects, covering a wide variety of subject matter areas.
The Recruiter will report to the Africa Geography Recruitment Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead complex recruitment assignments that require creative applications of knowledge to specific recruitment challenges
- Work with proposal and hiring managers to develop position descriptions
- Source appropriate candidates through internal and external networks, industry events, DAI’s internal recruitment database and online electronic resources
- Follow standardized processes to screen and select the best candidates, ensuring compliance with all governmental and client employment specifications
- Facilitate decision-making by hiring managers in order to meet hiring deadlines
- Help proposal teams develop appropriate staffing plans according to proposal requirements
- Negotiate candidate salaries, benefits and allowances within proposal budget constraints and client regulations
- Ensure that all staffing documentation submitted with proposals complies with donor specifications (including letters of commitment, references, due diligence, and other proposal documents)
- Re-write candidates’ CVs to address qualifications required for roles specified in proposals; provide other writing inputs to proposals, as needed
- [Senior Recruiter] Mentor and supervise junior staff on proposal efforts
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Grade 5: Minimum of 2 years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 1 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
- Grade 7: Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
- Grade 8: Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Demonstrated interest in (Grade 5) or experience working in (Grades 6-8) international development, preferably in recruitment, project management, or business development
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with only general direction
- Ability to take responsibility for assignments and report on progress with minimal oversight
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal clients and external candidates, both verbally and in writing
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Working proficiency in French
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work effectively with diverse teams and handle many tasks simultaneously, often with inflexible deadlines
- Equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered
- USAID proposal development experience
Supervisory Requirements: None
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org