CRDF Global seeks an experienced Project Manager to support our implementation of two core programming areas: International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) and the Cooperative Grants Program (CGP)
The Project Manager will develop and manage the technical, financial, and administrative aspects of an assigned project portfolio to ensure that projects are consistent with CRDF Global and client objectives. The Project Manager will also work with Community Based Members (CBMs) of Global Ties U.S.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills, be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and be capable of meeting tight deadlines. In addition to the Associate Director, the Project Manager will work with one other Project Manager and a combination of Program Assistants, Grant/Procurement Managers, Travel/Event Managers, and Interns.
Major Responsibilities (IVLP)
- Coordinate with the U.S. Department of State Program Officers to design and develop project proposals and itineraries that meet the stated project objectives
- Ensure each project has balanced and appropriate content and geographic balance.
- Arrange professional meetings in the Washington, D.C. area for each project
- Provide CBMs with guidance on project itineraries for their city, background information on each visitor and information on the overall project; oversee and monitor each CBM’s projects.
- Maintain electronic and verbal communication with U.S. Department of State Program Officers, CBMs, and interpreters/liaisons on all significant developments from project planning to implementation to closeout
- Manage all financial and administrative aspects of each project
- Prepare reports and evaluations on each project
- Manage a portfolio of projects and apply best project management practices
- Oversee timely on-scope and on-budget completion of each project
- Participates in the interviewing and on boarding of interns
- Assigns tasks to Program Assistants or interns
- Work closely with a Travel and Events Manager to ensure completion of logistical needs
Major Responsibilities (CGP)
- Work with funders and international partners to design and implement research grant competitions, fellowships, and related activities
- Prepare public documents related to each competition (e.g. Requests for Proposals) and answer applicant inquiries
- Coordinate complex peer-review processes in all natural and social science disciplines
- Work with grantees to monitor progress, ensure compliance, and approve modifications
- Oversee project budgets and finances, including grantee payout
- Prepare funder reports
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in managing international projects
- Experience designing and implementing research grant competitions and/or international fellowship programs
- Experience coordinating large-scale (100-200 proposal) peer review cycles in all natural and social science disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree in international studies or related field
- Familiarity with international exchange program policies and regulations; ability to design programs that respond to a diverse range of topics and geographic needs
- Familiarity with other countries, peoples and cultures
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of databases
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of completion
- Exceptional organizational skills/attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines
- Superior written/verbal communication skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Master’s degree in international studies or related field
- Specialized expertise in one or more of IVLP’s thematic areas indicated above
- Experience living/working outside the U.S.
- Knowledge of a foreign language (Arabic, Turkish, French, Spanish, Russian)
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.