Perform independent or supervisory roles in research activities requiring an advanced level of knowledge in the fields of International Affairs, National Security, Diplomacy and/or Intelligence that are predominantly intellectual and varied in character, and require consistent use of discretion and judgment. Prepare proposals for funding agencies, support ongoing research activities, and seek new research opportunities. Supervision of graduate students and other personnel in research.
- Design, plan, conduct and coordinate studies in support of various research projects.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques of routine research; keep detailed records of data.
- Use computers and technical equipment to perform data analysis, statistical analysis, and/or technical evaluation of research results.
- Summarize results for inclusion in relevant professional and clientele oriented publications.
- Prepare and write proposals to funding agencies; maintain financial accounts related to research projects.
- Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate students and other technical or field staff involved in research.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
Two years of related professional and/or skills based experience.
Master’s degree in International Affairs or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with appropriate subject matter and research mechanisms.
- Ability to effectively utilize a computer and applicable software to create documents suitable for presentation, perform relevant analyses, present information and perform other computer related tasks.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org