The Program Manager is responsible for taking the lead in all program components, including: managing administrative and logistical tasks; assisting with program development; contributing to the program’s research agenda, and providing budgetary support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the office, including fielding program calls, maintaining program calendar, and arranging travel.
- Oversees fiscal management of the program, including tracking revenue and expenses.
- Maintains up-to-date records of program contacts in Center-wide database.
- Plans and coordinates event logistics for high-level meetings, briefings, conferences, public and private events, luncheons, and program meetings.
- Prepares and disseminates routine correspondence and interacts with program stakeholders to ensure successful outreach and information flow.
- Manages competing priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Supervises intern staff in day-to-day activities.
Program Support Activities:
- Conceptualizes new project ideas in coordination with the Program Director and Fellow.
- Writes and substantively contributes to the grant proposal process.
- Represents the program, as needed, at internal and external meetings.
- Communicates effectively with constituency groups, media, governmental entities, and the general public.
- Travel to the region as necessary.
- Manages social media and other promotional activities for the program.
Research Support Activities:
- Writes independently to support the program’s research agenda.
- Edits written deliverables for both substance and language clarity.
- Drafts summary reports of forums, symposia, and conferences.
- Prepares working group prospectuses, presentations, invitations, and related materials.
- Drafts meeting agendas and event summaries.
- Previous administrative experience.
- Academic or professional background in Foreign Policy and International Politics.
- Must be a detail-oriented person and possess effective communication and organizational skills.
- Experience multitasking and operating in a fast-paced work environment.
- Degree in international relations or related field of study.
- Demonstrated interest in Eurasian/Caspian studies/affairs
Interested applicants should submit a résumé, and cover letter.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org