A. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Solicitation Number: ARCE/19-006
- Open to: U.S. Citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents
- Issue Date: 05/14/2018
- Closing Date: 06/30/2018
- Contractor Role: BOARD CLERK
- Proposed Compensation: Will be based on prior experience and salary history. Payment is based on an hourly rate. As this is a contract solicitation, the contract will not include a benefits package.
- Place of Performance: Alexandria, Virginia
- Length of Engagement: One year, with renewal options.
- Work Schedule: Part-time; approximately 20 hours per week; with increased hours as needed for supporting Quarterly Board Meetings or other periodic meetings.
B. CONTRACT SCOPE OF WORK
The Board Clerk serves the ARCE Board of Governors, and is responsible for organizing all Board and Committee meetings, recording minutes and preparing documentation for all Board-related meetings. The Board Clerk also maintains Board-related and governance records and is the administrative liaison for the Board and Governors regarding meeting logistics, agenda preparation and follow-up items.
Specific contractor tasks include:
- Work with Board Officers, Committee Chairs, and Staff to develop meeting agendas and materials.
- Schedule meetings and manage minutes, calendars, logistics, A/V, documentation, materials, activities and events for the ARCE Board of Governors and Committees.
- Support the ARCE Executive Director’s role as the primary point of contact for the Board of Governors.
- Collaborate with the Board Officers, Governance Committee, other Governors, Executive Director, Director for Egypt, and Development Director on prospective Board candidates.
- Track membership and length of service for Governors serving on the Board. Manage the pipeline for prospective Board candidates.
- Serve as the administrative liaison supporting the Board Committees. .
- Archive hard copy and electronic versions of all minutes and email votes.
- Manage the US organization archives.
- Facilitate Board and Committee access to the Board SharePoint site
- Facilitate Staff access to the staff SharePoint site
- Keep current on best practices for Board governance and development.
- Maintain biographic, contact and other information related to the Board of Governors.
- Coordinate with the ARCE Executive Director and ARCE Director for Egypt on providing project, program, and management updates for the Board.
C. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
The Contractor reports to the Executive Director.
D. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
The Contractor does not directly supervise any other contractors, but may be asked to provide operational guidance to others engaged in ARCE’s quarterly Board and committee meetings and/or Annual Meeting.
E. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
F. ELIGIBILITY FOR CONSIDERATION
U.S. Citizenship or status as a Legal Permanent Resident of the U.S. is required.
G. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS CONTRACT
- Education: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in any field related to Business, Communications, Management, Public Policy, Public Administration or International Relations.
- Prior Work Experience: 3 to 5 years of prior experience in project management, program management, organizational management, administrative management or operations, public outreach, governance, nonprofit management or other closely related field. Internship, Fellowship or Volunteer activities demonstrating this type of experience will be considered, particularly if they were with ARCE.
- Skills and Abilities: The ideal candidate is expected to have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills in order to collaborate with a wide and diverse range of professionals from academia, research institutions, government, and business. Candidates should have prior experience which demonstrates a sound knowledge of project or program organizational techniques and practices. A sound familiarity of Board relations and governance issues is an advantage. Candidates should have demonstrated skills using standard Microsoft Office products (Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Publisher, Web tools and Cloud file sharing, etc.) and database/spreadsheet software (e.g. MS-Access, Excel, etc.). High level communication skills in English (e.g. writing, editing, and developing formal presentations) are also essential to the successful performance of assigned tasks.
H. EVALUATION OF APPLICANTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Applications will be screened initially for determination of eligibility and minimum qualifications. Candidates who do not meet the basic eligibility for consideration described in Item F (above) will not receive further consideration. Next, candidates who meet or exceed the minimum Qualification Requirements listed in Item G1 through G3 will receive consideration and will be rank-ordered in accordance with the listed qualifications. Applicants are encouraged to address each of the listed requirements in their application. Omission of a description of an individual’s qualification on the application may result in a low ranking. Only Top-Ranked candidates will be contacted for an interview. ARCE will screen candidates for nepotism and conflict of interest concerns.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org