The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is a non-profit organisation with a European office in The Hague, The Netherlands and an African office in Cape Town, South Africa. EDCTP is a partnership between European and African countries to accelerate the development of new clinical interventions such as drugs, vaccines, microbicides and diagnostics against poverty-related diseases in Africa. The organisation supports clinical trials, capacity strengthening and networking in Africa and Europe. The EDCTP2 programme is implemented as part of the European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon 2020. Visit www.edctp.org for more information.
We are looking for an Executive Governance Officer to be based at the EDCTP Secretariat office in The Hague. The Executive Governance Officer will assist the Executive Director to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the EDCTP Association governing and advisory bodies, namely the General Assembly (GA), Board and Granting Committee (GC), Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) and Audit Committee (AC). These bodies are collectively also known as the constituency bodies. The post holder will coordinate the activities of these bodies and act as the focal point between these bodies and the EDCTP Secretariat.
Duties and responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the main focal point between the EDCTP Secretariat and the EDCTP constituency bodies;
- Facilitating communication, and ensuring timely and effective sharing of information between the EDCTP Secretariat, the EDCTP High Representatives and the EDCTP constituency members and observers;
- Ensuring efficient organisation of meetings of the EDCTP constituency bodies, including timely preparation and circulation of agendas and meeting documents, coordinating logistical arrangements, taking minutes and actively following-up on action points;
- Coordinating GA and Board approvals by written procedure;
- Supporting GA and SAC working groups, including organising relevant meetings;
- Maintaining appropriate paper and electronic documentation for each of the constituency bodies and, where required, publication on the EDCTP website and SharePoint portal.
- Coordinating the recruitment and selection process of members of the EDCTP constituency bodies, including:
- Processing applications for EDCTP Association membership;
- Administering the recruitment and selection process;
- Ensuring timely signature of contracts by EDCTP and SAC and AC members;
- Ensuring adherence to minimum membership requirements;
- Tracking the tenure of constituency members and coordinating elections for Chairpersons and Vice-Chairpersons.
- Building and maintaining a contact database of constituency members and observers;
- Ensuring that the EDCTP Code of Conduct and Declaration of Interests Policy is adhered to by all EDCTP constituency members and observers.
Strategic planning and governance
- Coordinating the inputs from the EDCTP constituency bodies and EDCTP Secretariat to the development of EDCTP strategy documents such as the Strategic Business Plan, the Strategic Policy Plan, the annual Strategic Research Agenda and the annual Work Plans;
- In liaison with the Legal Officer, assisting with the updating of the EDCTP Articles of Association, Internal Regulations and Guidelines on admission, suspension and termination of EDCTP Association membership;
- Participating in the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the EDCTP constituencies’ component of the EDCTP programme;
- Contributing to the annual reporting on EDCTP activities.
- Contributing towards communications, including articles in EDCTP quarterly newsletters, monthly updates and other publications related to the constituency bodies;
- Ensuring timely circulation of appropriate communication materials to all constituency members and observers;
- Creating and regularly updating standard documents, including policies and procedures relating to the EDCTP constituency bodies;
- Performing any other tasks assigned by the Executive Director.
- A Master’s or PhD in biomedical sciences (including health policy and global or public health), social sciences, international relations or related fields;
- A minimum of five years’ relevant experience, preferably in the field of global health;
- Business writing that includes taking minutes and writing reports for a variety of audiences;
- Good IT skills, including familiarity Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Highly adaptive team player;
- Strong sense of diplomacy; discretion and an ability to take account of political sensitivities in an international environment;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills. Knowledge of French, Portuguese or any other European language would be an advantage;
- Excellent presentation skills, including ability to develop and deliver effective presentations to a broad and diverse audience;
- Experience of working with scientists, policy makers, national and international research agencies and foundations would be an advantage;
- Experience of working in a funding agency and/or a governance role would be an advantage.
EDCTP offers a highly competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The employee will be based at the EDCTP Secretariat in The Hague, Netherlands. Applicants must have a valid working permit in The Netherlands.
The EDCTP Secretariat is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the working language.
Applications including a letter of motivation and CV should be submitted by midnight (CET) Wednesday 13 June 2018. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
Interviews are scheduled to take place in the week of 2 July 2018. Applicants are requested to indicate in their application letter if they are not going to be available during this week. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you do not hear from us within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org