The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is a non-profit organisation with a European office in The Hague, The Netherlands and an African office in Cape Town, South Africa. EDCTP is a partnership between European and African countries to accelerate the development of new clinical interventions such as drugs, vaccines, microbicides and diagnostics against poverty-related diseases in Africa. The organisation supports clinical trials, capacity strengthening and networking in Africa and Europe. The EDCTP2 programme is implemented as part of the European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon 2020. Visit www.edctp.org for more information.
We are looking for a Project Officer to be based at the EDCTP office in The Hague. The Project Officer will be a member of the Calls and Grants team and will be responsible for the management and development of EDCTP’s funding portfolio, including managing the external peer review of applications submitted to EDCTP, contract negotiation, monitoring and evaluation of EDCTP projects, as well as contributing to EDCTP’s funding strategy, policies and publications.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Project Officer will include:
- Managing EDCTP calls for proposals via EDCTP’s online grants management system. This will include:
- Managing the peer review process through liaison with applicants, external experts and committee members;
- Preparing and providing feedback to applicants;
- Providing all necessary technical and administrative support to the Calls and Grants team to ensure timely delivery of operational activities;
- Working in collaboration with EDCTP’s Finance department and Legal Officer to ensure timely signature of grant contracts.
- Monitoring project progress and outcomes. This will include:
- Maintaining oversight of EDCTP projects in a given scientific or thematic area within EDCTP scope;
- Reviewing, in collaboration with the EDCTP finance department, the interim and final reports of EDCTP funded beneficiaries to ensure timely delivery of contractual milestones and deliverables;
- Collecting and analysing outputs and outcomes from EDCTP projects;
- Liaising with the EDCTP Communications department to promote EDCTP achievements.
- Contributing to EDCTP funding strategy and policy, including:
- Keeping abreast of key scientific advances and policy development in the EDCTP remit;
- Drafting papers, briefings, reports and other documents, as required;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with EDCTP grant holders and other stakeholders, in order to encourage and promote partnership with EDCTP;
- Working with other EDCTP teams to achieve EDCTP objectives and deliverables;
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time
- A PhD or Master’s degree in a biomedical discipline related to EDCTP;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scientific advances and developments in the EDCTP remit;
- Project management skills and/or experience in research management;
- Excellent IT skills including competence in Microsoft Office, data analysis and databases;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Experience in writing scientific and/or policy documents and reports;
- Able to work in a matrix structure, managing a range of tasks and projects;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Highly adaptive team player.
EDCTP offers a highly competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications including a letter of motivation and CV should be submitted by midnight (CET) Wednesday 13 June 2018. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
Interviews are scheduled to take place in the week of 2 July 2018. Applicants are requested to indicate in their application letter if they are not going to be available during this week. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you do not hear from us within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org