The Student Reporting Labs (SRL) Digital Associate Producer is part of national youth journalism program that connects classrooms and afterschool programs to local PBS stations and the PBS NewsHour. The Digital Associate Producer is responsible for maintaining SRL’s website and producing content for multiple platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. A background in video editing, motion graphics and design is essential, as well as experience creating videos that have high engagement on social platforms. The Digital Associate Producer will work with the SRL team to build a metrics system for web, social and broadcast platforms with quarterly benchmarks and digital growth strategies. The Digital Associate Producer will work with the community engagement team to plan and execute campaigns. Candidates must be highly organized with experience in project management.
This position is for 24 months and is grant funded. Continuing employment is subject to continuation and availability of grant funds.
- Content development for the SRL website including student-produced content, news articles, updates and special features.
- Maintain directory of teachers and schools and ensure that school pages reflect network activities.
- Develop YouTube and Vimeo channels.
- Utilize PBS digital products to make youth content available to every station in the system.
- Pitch and edit social content based on student work and timely stories related to the news cycle.
- Pull weekly and monthly metric reports, analyze content goals and adapt strategy to achieve agreed upon audience and engagement growth.
- Work with community engagement team to identify content opportunities to increase visibility on all platforms.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational, project planning, presentation and time management skills with careful attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Enthusiasm for journalism, education and public broadcasting media.
- Highly proficient in entire Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with network and MAM systems.
- Motion graphic design
- College degree in journalism, communication, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience producing video content for web.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org