The Digital Content Manager is part of the Communications and Marketing team at American University’s School of International Service (SIS). This position develops and delivers content that tells the SIS story through our digital channels. Essential duties include finding, creating, and curating content for SIS’s website, newsletters, and social media channels; developing an annual content plan and updating it regularly; serving as primary editor and a principal contributor for the school’s website and e-news; and managing SIS’s social media content strategy across multiple platforms.
This team member is a storytelling hub for the organization—working across departments to source content that is timely, engages audiences, builds relationships with prospective graduate students, and helps stakeholders in the influencer community better understand the transformational research conducted by our faculty. The Digital Content Manager hones the online voice of SIS, helping develop SIS's brand and message across multiple platforms.
The Digital Content Manager targets audiences and communicates with them through digital channels. The incumbent decides which assets best serve a project, be it text, video, photo, or infographic, and works to create or collect them. This position creates content both independently and in collaboration with others and analyzes the impact of thier efforts. This position prioritizes and manages a varied workflow; stays organized; and communicates well with team members, others in SIS, and colleagues in the larger AU community.
- The Digital Content Manager supervises Federal Work Study students and will consult with other university publishers, writers, photographers, and videographers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Coordinator/Analyst B
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Superb writing, editing and proofing skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb and dissect complex topics, translating them to a wider audience in a relevant way
- Strong project management skills. Deadline-conscious and results-driven
- Excitement about shaping the digital strategies of a top-notch international affairs school
- Possess integrity, self-motivation, creativity, desire to learn, and ability to problem-solve
- Proficiency in relevant software, including Adobe Creative Suite products (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator) and Canva
- Demonstrated social media platform management fluency (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), including community building, analytics, and campaign strategy and management
- Knowledge of best practices in online communications, including email writing, testing, and analysis
- Ability to think creatively about communicating key messages
- Strong knowledge of information architecture and web best practices to make recommendations about digital content organization, hierarchy, and presentation
- Experience with website editing and web content management systems; a basic understanding of HTML
- Experience with email software like Mailchimp or Constant Contact
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree
- International affairs, higher education, or non-profit communications background.
- Experience shooting high-quality photos and shooting/editing video, preferably with Adobe Premiere
- Experience recording and editing audio for podcasts
- Familiarity with online measurement and assessment platforms and tools, such as Google Analytics, CrazyEgg, Facebook Insights, and experience in digital data analysis
- Experience with Adobe Spark
- Experience creating eye-catching data visualizations and infographics
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org