The Program Officer operates across one or more teams, with a focus on global stakeholder engagement and communications skills. Contributes to strategic planning and decisions, and responsible for implementing a strategic, results-oriented, and coordinated approach to projects. Ensures the overall continuity of activities and deliverables, and engages with internal and external partners worldwide. Works independently and in collaboration with local and remote team members to ensure the successful execution of complex workstreams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage relations across a variety of global stakeholders, such as philanthropic and government donors, alliances and networks, civil society organizations and NGOs
- Produce strategic documents with relevance to international audiences, including project work plans, concept notes, outreach strategies, and other materials that guide projects
- Craft communications materials, such as messaging and talking points, briefs, presentations, and fact sheets for a variety of purposes and audiences, summarizing facts, developments, and recommendations
- Design reports and presentations in line with project goals, including in-depth research and analysis of key learnings and insights
- Track key international policy/issue developments and trends relevant to project initiatives in order to inform activities
- Orchestrate events and meetings in domestic and international locations, including planning, development of programs and agendas, managing participant communications, preparing and disseminating materials, and handling logistics
- Contribute to business development for Panorama, including creation of proposals and budgets, cultivating new relationships, and networking
- Collaborate with broader Panorama team by sharing learnings and drawing on the experiences and work of other team members
- Strong strategic and planning skills with demonstrated experience designing and implementing projects that achieved desired goals and outcomes
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience crafting a variety of communications materials
- International stakeholder engagement expertise, including experience in partnerships, collaborations, and/or convenings
- Analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Strong organizational and management skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities at one time
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with professionalism and consistency
- Experience with business development strategies and tactics
Bachelor’s degree with at least seven years of experience in communications, stakeholder engagement, public policy, international relations, or related field. Fluency in written and spoken English required; other language proficiencies welcomed. Ability and willingness to participate in international travel as needed.
Experience working for or collaborating with foundations, domestic and international governments, international NGOs, and/or multilateral agencies preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with subject line “Program Officer.”
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org