Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager for an anticipated US Department of State-funded child protection project in Jamaica. The proposed objective of the project is to strengthen the efforts of the government and civil society to prevent child trafficking and provide comprehensive care to child trafficking victims.
Qualified Jamaican nationals are strongly encouraged to apply especially those residing in Jamaica.
The M&E Manager will be responsible for developing and managing the M&E systems and processes for a results-oriented project focused on strengthening the efforts of the government and civil society to prevent child trafficking and provide comprehensive care to child trafficking victims. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
The M&E Manager will oversee the implementation of the program's M&E activities and data reporting requirements. S/he will also serve as the liaison and point of contact with any external evaluation contractors throughout the life of the project. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a rigorous approach to monitoring and evaluation, including systems for monitoring performance progress toward specific goals and objectives;
- Develop strategies and tools for data collection, data quality monitoring, analysis, and regular reporting on approved indicators;
- Oversee implementation of a baseline study on the indicators of the activity, including review of tools and survey methodology; training of enumerators and review of data quality and analysis;
- Monitor the results of the program's activities and contribute to periodic evaluations/assessments; contribute to dissemination of results to internal and external audiences;
- Build the capacity of implementing partners in monitoring and evaluation; liaise with them to obtain necessary data and monitor their quality;
- Contribute to research design and methodology for project-related research (separate from baseline survey);
- Contribute extensively to quarterly and annual reports;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's level degree required, in social sciences, such as statistics, public policy, economics or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation;
- A Bachelor's degree with five additional years of relevant work experience can substitute for a Master's degree.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in the monitoring & evaluation of donor-funded international development projects. Part of this experience should have been obtained working on projects in child trafficking prevention, government/civil society capacity building or a related field;
- Experience collecting and managing sensitive data;
- Knowledge of USG or other international donor reporting requirements, including experience designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation Plans, rigorous impact evaluation design, and working with external consultants for third party evaluations;
- Understanding of impact evaluation methodology and research methodology strongly preferred; and
- Understanding of national level MIS approaches and existing government databases/data collection preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill in English is required;
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Access and Excel), and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint);
- Familiarity with database and statistical applications such as SPSS, SAS or STATA;
- Capabilities in data visualization and information systems management integration a plus; and
- Readiness to travel frequently.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org