Position Decription: TAP Network UN Outreach Fellowship
The TAP Network is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a 6-month UN Outreach Fellowship, who will have the opportunity to provide direct communications and outreach support to a thriving network of civil society actors working around the UN’s 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals. This fellowship will run for six months and will be supported by a monthly living stipend. This Fellowship will provide numerous opportunities for taking on important responsibilities for the TAP Network, with this Fellow expected to develop and maintain key communications and outreach channels for engaging regularly with TAP’s members and partners.
What you’ll ideally bring to the TAP Network:
- Ability to be a multi-tasking self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Expertise and experience in communications and outreach, including previous experience in developing communications and outreach plans for international/advocacy-focused NGOs and non-profits.
- Strong desire to learn and ability to absorb and share information
- Interest and previous experience in international development-related work, ideally working with the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs
Your qualifications should ideally also include:
- Expertise and previous experience in graphic design, including the Adobe Creative Suite of tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Previous experience in designing reports and publications for advocacy-focused NGOs/non-profits, ideally in the international development realm
- Background and experience in website design and social media management (experience with wordpress is a plus)
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of a foreign language (particularly Spanish or French) is a plus
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess prior experience/knowledge of the United Nations system and political processes, particularly around the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs (specifically SDG16).
What the TAP Network will bring for you:
- Unparalleled access to the UN Headquarters in New York, most notably around key conferences and events around the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, including the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, UN General Assembly and other key meetings throughout the course of the year.
- Opportunity to contribute significantly to a key network of civil society actors working around the 2030 Agenda and SDG16 on issues of peace, justice, governance and strong institutions, in addition to networking opportunities and ability to liaise with UN staff, diplomats, civil society members from around the world.
- Hands-on experience and responsibilities in helping manage a wide-ranging and multi-faceted international programme, including outreach and advocacy, budget and grant management, fundraising, and the opportunity to engage directly in key diplomatic processes around the UN and the SDGs agenda.
- Platform to showcase yourself and your work to hundreds of experts and NGOs/non-profits from all around the world, all of whom engage with the TAP Network’s work through communications and outreach channels that you will largely be responsible for designing and maintaining.
Key responsibilities of this UN Outreach Fellow include, but are not limited to:
- Lead TAP Network’s communications and outreach activities, including website, social media and newsletter
- Directly lead the drafting and development of a comprehensive communications and outreach plan for the TAP Network
- Assisting the TAP Network Coordinator in following all relevant UN processes related to the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Attend relevant meetings related to the 2030 Agenda and liaise with relevant civil society representatives, UN personnel and diplomats as needed;
- Help coordinate relevant meetings, events, conference calls and workshops for the Network, and generate agendas, minutes and any other materials needed to advance TAP coordination and advocacy
- Assist in administrative duties and overall grant management for the programme
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter with “TAP Network Fellowship Application – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org