Attention Current Ford Foundation Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Ford Foundation, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments must be submitted for each individual job post for which you are interested in applying. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
The Program Assistant (PA) will provide administrative and logistical support to two Program Officers from the Civic Engagement and Government department. As such, the PA will manage various activities for the Program Officer(s) including meetings and grants administration. Program Assistants help to manage the various workflows of program staff and of the program team more generally.
Workflow and Administration:
- Assist with Program Officers’ calendar of appointments including scheduling meetings and follow up
- Assist with Program Officers’ work-related travel; assist with developing travel plans and logistical arrangements, including processing expense reports
- Assist Program Officers in responding to requests for information or other documentation from the various departments of the Foundation and from others outside of the Foundation
- Work alongside the Department Coordinator, who supports the Thematic Director and team, serve as a member of an administrative support group for program leaders on the team, backing each other up and collaborating, as needed, on workflows, including, but not limited to contract management, administrative tasks and projects
- Support document production, including typing, editing and formatting for reports, memoranda, or other materials
- Support document management and storage in institutional document repositories
- Answer phones, redirect calls as appropriate, taking and transmitting messages and responding to routine inquiries
- Scan, fax, and copy materials as may be required
- Request administrative and support information relative to grantee proposals and grant actions
- Establish and maintain appropriate files, including virtual grant file records. This includes uploading files to GBS grants records, created by PO or GMs
- Support the development of grant recommendations through editing and information compilation
- Plan and coordinate logistics for site visits and major grantee meetings; preparing expense reports
- Submit and track Global Travel and Learning Fund requests
- Manage calendar appointments and group meetings
- Maintain grantee contact information
- Assist with grant-related inquiries, coordinating responses, and maintain correspondence control records
Communications and Research:
- Preparation of presentations and other materials for program staff
- Undertaking Internet-based searches and working with Information Services staff on research tasks
- Compiling information into spreadsheets or other analytical tools and preparing charts or other presentations from this information
- BA/BS plus a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant office experience or equivalent work experience
- Strong commitment to promoting social justice and/or elevating the leadership and experiences of communities impacted by inequality
- Highly functioning administrator who is proactive and able to self-manage, prioritize work assignments across departments, manage multiple deadlines, and represent the unit and the Foundation in any given environment
- A team player with an ability to work in diverse teams with accountability and responsibility; ability to contribute to a positive, productive, open and supportive environment that motivates everyone to perform at their best
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to manage communications tactfully and professionally with high attention to detail and accuracy; proven ability to problem solve and follow up appropriately on process and procedural issues
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing online information resources and data tools for information retrieval and data entry; experience undertaking internet-based research
- Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides
ALIGNMENT TO THE MISSION AND CULTURE OF THE FORD FOUNDATION
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and core values of equity, openness, collaboration, trust, accountability and urgency
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Action-orientated and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
Salary: Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity. A generous benefits package is provided.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org