“Connecting Europe” is a joint project initiated by the European Policy Centre (EPC) and Stiftung Mercator GmbH that aims to enable the networks and projects supported by Stiftung Mercator to engage with EU decision-makers and processes in the Brussels sphere to promote their ideas, expertise, and experience. The project entails joint, forward-looking activities on the future of Europe that will foster dialogue and exchange among policymakers and next-generation voices, on youth, climate, migration and other key issues.
For its project team, the EPC is seeking a Programme Assistant (equivalent to a paid intern) who will assist the Project Leader and the Project Officer in the daily coordination of the project.
- Supporting the Project Leader and the Project Officer in administrative tasks;
- Contributing to communication/social media related activities of the project. Prepare and manage the organisation of events (including drafting event proposals, invitations and programmes, contacting speakers, assisting during the events);
- Assisting in writing and laying out publications (multimedia);
- Liaise with project partners and other contacts by email and/or phone;
- Assistance with the development and maintenance of the network management;
- Some background research, and analysis of data.
- Keen interest in European affairs and the topics “active citizenship”, “democracy” and “civil society”;
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant subject;
- Previous work experience in the administration of projects, event management (internship level would suffice);
- Previous work experience in policy analysis is a plus (internship level would suffice);
- Strong computer skills, experience with cms/wmcs;
- Excellent research and communication skills (oral and written). Good organisational and time management skills;
- Self-disciplined, able to work both independently and in a multinational team;
- Dynamic, creative, flexible, reliable and with attention to detail;
- Fluency in German and English (oral and written) is essential; additional languages a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org