The Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Partnerships team is one of three regional teams within Americares Global Partnerships department. Each team serves the regions in which they work by coordinating with local partners to deliver in-kind medical aid, design and implement emergency management and public health programs and provide disaster relief.
The Senior Associate develops and manages Americares relationship with these partner organizations. She/he will develop an in-depth understanding of the needs and conditions of their assigned countries, prepare annual plans and play an active leading role in determining the scheduling and content of medical aid shipments as well as assessing opportunities for and implementation of targeted initiatives and partner capacity building projects. The Senior Associate also provides administrative and logistic support to partner organizations and conducts research activities as assigned by the Regional Director. Administrative activities include tracking shipments and maintaining program records of historical partner information and current activities. Research includes gaining insight into local health priorities, regulatory issues and initiatives of other local and international health organizations. The Senior Associate ensures that required reporting materials are sent to and received from partners and solicits additional feedback on partner health care facility needs and partner medical aid distribution activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Partner Advocacy/Internal Networking
Program development and management
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Bachelor’s degree required with a degree in international; relations/development/business/economics, Latin American studies, global health and/or pre-med preferred; Master’s degree in relevant field a plus
· Literacy and fluency in written and spoken Spanish required;
· 2-3 years regional experience
· Prior business process and international partner management experience including business communications, budgeting, presentation experience and Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint);
· Demonstrated ability to work across cultures and language barriers;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communications skills; curiosity to understand partners’ interests, commitment , energy to advocate for partner with internal and external constituents and ability to develop & maintain effective partnerships;
· Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
· Travel required – (30-40%)
· Personal Success Factors:
o Passion for our mission and the desire to work within the emergency response/global health field;
o Predisposed to problem solving and applying creative solutions to project implementation and increasing impact in the provision of humanitarian aid;
o Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, with balanced focus on personal accountability and team goals;
o Demonstrates initiative and follow-through and is self motivated in the completion of deliverables in a dead-line driven environment;
o Commitment to excellence;
o Employs sound judgment and decision making to actions and activities, especially as applied to planning, organizing and managing multiple priorities;
o Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations with the flexibility and adaptability to change focus and priority when needed;
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org