The International Refugee Assistance Project (“IRAP”) is the first organization to provide free and comprehensive legal representation to refugees through the registration, protection, and resettlement processes. We are a dynamic and growing legal aid, litigation, and systemic advocacy organization that works to develop and enforce a system of legal and human rights for refugees and displaced persons around the world.
IRAP operates offices in New York, Jordan, and Lebanon. Our legal services are supplemented by a corps of pro bono lawyers from more than 100 leading U.S. and international law firms and multi-national corporations, and law students who have created IRAP chapters at 30 universities in the United States and Canada.
IRAP believes in action, accountability, innovation, and candor. We are nimble, collaborative, and nonpartisan, and believe in the power of individuals to change their own circumstances. IRAP was founded in 2008 by a group of law students with a vision to change the status quo of global refugee processing in order to assist the most vulnerable refugees.
IRAP seeks a full-time Development Manager in its New York office with the energy and experience to assist the development team in identifying, nurturing, and stewarding funder relationships. IRAP’s Board, Executive Director, and development team have spent much time over the past few years building a network of engaged donors and supporters. The organization’s prospect pool is growing and IRAP is engaged in outreach and cultivation efforts with corporate, individual, and foundation funders. This position will encompass various aspects of fundraising across the different departmental portfolios. The Development Manager will be an integral part of the IRAP team, reporting to IRAP’s Director of Development and Director of Institutional Giving.
- Corporate portfolio
- Spearhead IRAP’s growing corporate fundraising program, including prospect research, outreach, cultivation, and proposals to corporate sponsors.
- Manage IRAP’s law firm giving program.
- Draft and submit funding proposals and sponsorship requests.
- Work with Board members and other supporters on outreach to corporate vendors and partners.
- Institutional and Individuals portfolio
- Maintain annual grants calendar.
- Work with the Director of Institutional Giving to draft LOIs, grant proposals, and reports.
- Work with the Development team to ensure adequate preparation in advance of funder meetings, including helping to draft talking points, lead prep calls, and facilitate appropriate follow-up.
- With support from the Director of Development and Director of Institutional Giving, oversee a small portfolio of institutional and individual contacts.
- Work with the development team to implement strategies for donor development and engagement including:
- Plan, write, and execute annual appeals and tailored communications to monthly donors and donors with specific interests.
- Contribute to IRAP communications efforts, including the annual report, materials for fundraising work, and ongoing message development and branding.
- Oversee and grow IRAP’s Alumni Association.
- Research new individual, corporate, and institutional donor prospects.
- Maintain donor and prospect files.
- Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide necessary support to the Executive Director, including drafting emails, ensuring timely follow-up on communications, working with the Executive Assistant to coordinate scheduling, and more.
- At least four years of experience working in a comprehensive and successful development program, with exposure to individual, corporate, and institutional fundraising, or comparable experience.
- Superb writing, communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Substantial experience with CRM database management and accounting/budgeting systems.
- Ability to work comfortably with board members, major donor prospects, attorneys, and partner organizations with diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
- Must be highly organized and motivated, able to multi-task, manage a high-volume workload, and have excellent time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced and high-pressure work environment.
- Prior nonprofit/NGO employment is a plus.
- Microsoft Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Interest in refugee/humanitarian issues.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org