The Office of Global Engagement at the USC Price School of Public Policy is seeking an Administrative Assistant I to join its team and assist with daily operations and multiple on-going projects. This is a full-time, fixed-term position through December 31, 2018.
(1) Assist the Office of Global Engagement in delivering the International Summer Scholars Program and executive training projects.
(2) Assist in program delivery and coordination of meetings.
(3) Assist in establishing worldwide networks for training program participants and coordinate program promotional design. Distribute promotional materials including posters, flyers and emails to partner institutions internationally.
(4) Facilitate all logistical arrangements throughout the programs, including lodging and transportation, communication with lecturers and speakers, panel discussions and workshops, enrichment activities such as fieldtrips and cultural activities.
(5) Communicate with various internal and external departments to facilitate the programs.
(6) Coordinate Price International Labs and other student international travel projects; assist with related faculty travel arrangements and reimbursements; respond to student email inquiries and advise students on the logistical and visa issues; collect University required documents from students and compile related data; maintain records associated with overseas programs.
(7) Provide support for office communications strategies and daily operations.
(8) Coordinate public relations functions, as assigned, such as special events, conferences, seminars, etc.
(9) Coordinate with vendors for sites, facilities, catering, guest accommodations, etc.
(10) Coordinate production and/or distribution of promotional materials.
(11) Assist with other related tasks as assigned.
(1) Experience in high-performance customer service environments.
(2) Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively in an academic/professional environment.
(3) Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Attach cover letter and resume.
About the Sol Price School of Public Policy:
The mission of the Price School is to improve the quality of life for people and their communities, here and abroad. We achieve this mission through education and research that promote innovative solutions to the most critical issues facing society, with a particular focus on governance, urban development, and social policy. The Price School offers Ph.D. programs in Public Policy and Management and Urban Planning; masters’ degrees in Public Administration, Public Policy, Urban Planning, Health Administration, and Real Estate Development; executive masters’ degrees; and undergraduate degrees.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree: Public Policy, International Relations or related degree
Preferred Experience: 3 years
Required Field of Expertise: Administrative and customer service experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org