The internship will focus on supporting the daily work of a multicultural team of experts. This includes back up support and research into EU and Member States policy of relevance to UNRWA programs/projects, and monitoring developments related to the Middle East. We offer full exposure to our inter-disciplinary and multi-facetted subjects and full integration in our highly-motivated team. You will leave having gained hands-on deep in- and oversight of how the EU is ticking. We therefore look for a motivated individual who wants to complement their academic knowledge with a reality check on EU policy implementation, internal and external awareness raising, fundraising, communication and visibility events: all this as issue driven work on Palestine refugees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in gathering and updating of information and contacts related to the EU Institutions, EU Member States, CSOs, media and other sources;
- Screening of EU Institutions and Member States foreign policy developments related to the Middle East in general and Palestine refugees in particular;
- Drafting of bi-weekly internal EU newsletters;
- Assist with the follow up and updating various donor countries profiles;
- Attending conferences, meetings and other events relevant to UNRWA and reporting back;
- Supporting advocacy activities towards European Institutions and other stakeholders;
- Assisting with communication activities;
- Assisting in the preparation of high-level visits of UNRWA representatives to Brussels, including preparation of substantive background documents;
- Assist with general requests for information pertaining to Palestine refugees;
- Assist with updating the office contact database and other general office tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s desirable) in a relevant field such as European Studies, Political Science, International Relations (preferably with a focus on European Affairs and Palestinian/Middle Eastern issues);
- Understanding of the EU decision-making processes and foreign policy and/or prior experience working on EU related matters;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English; Good working knowledge of French;
- Excellent communication (orally and in writing) and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent research and drafting skills;
- Ability to work within a small multicultural team;
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively;
- A quick learner with a positive and proactive approach to work;
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and databases;
- Eligibility to reside and work in Belgium;
- Availability and commitment to a 6-month internship up to March 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org