Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
The Senior Program Associate provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supports the Program Officer (and/or Program Manager or Senior Program Manager/Officer) to implement grant(s) and ensure grant compliance, including logistical support for program activities and events.
- Maintains an understanding of funder and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight.
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Tracks spending and regularly updates budget tracker; cross-references with PSR on monthly basis and interacts with appropriate Project Accountant and other Accounting staff.
- Assists in monitoring program activities related to the approved grant work plan.
- Support efforts to evaluate and uses information related to the approved grant work plan.
- Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
- Participates in budget analysis on a regular basis.
- Contributes to and supports aspects of the proposal development process for new funding opportunities, including the development of new program ideas.
- Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Travels as needed for program support and implementation.
- Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives (optional).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in international development or related field, or graduate degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org