The European Furniture Industries Confederation (EFIC) is a non-profit organization gathering the major furniture national associations of the European Union and associated companies. EFIC now represents about the 70% of the total turnover of the furniture industries in Europe, a dynamic and innovative sector, which employs about 1 million workers in close to 130.000 companies.
EFIC is recruiting a Communication and Policy Officer for its headquarters in Brussels. The successful candidate will assist the Secretary General in implementing its full agenda, contributing to the internal and external communication activities, directly supporting the advocacy, planning and developing successful campaigns and contributing to the development of further projects for achieving the objectives of the Confederation.
At the EU level, EFIC is involved in legal and policy debates in the different fields of impact for the furniture sector, with a focus on environment & health, international trade, internal market and research & innovation. EFIC is also a Social partner in the EU Social Dialogue.
EFIC Secretariat is looking for an intelligent, organized, collaborative and eager to learn young professional, who wishes to grow inside our growing Confederation.
EFIC Communication and Policy Officer will (non-exhaustive list):
- Coordinate EFIC external and internal communication, such as updating and maintaining a dynamic website, drafting a regular newsletter and press releases, running social media;
- Support the Secretariat in the monitoring and advocacy activities, e.g. contribute to monitoring EU initiatives and assisting in the analysis of EU legislative proposals and documentation with impact on the furniture sector. Collection and analysis of industry statistics and data, maintenance of databases might be required;
- Provide organizational and administrative support for EFIC meetings, including drafting agendas and minutes, as well as assistance with other occasional institutional and/or international events;
- Provide administrative support to the Secretary-General in the office management, e.g. basic account keeping;
- Attend EFIC Board meetings, also travelling to different Member States;
- Occasionally, attend meetings, conferences and other events of general interest for the furniture sector;
- Liaise with EFIC member association, e.g. for sharing relevant information, managing queries and run consultations.
- University degree, preferably Law, Economics, EU affairs, Communication studies;
- Knowledge of EU affairs and EU Institutional framework;
- Clear and effective communication skills;
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise and accessible way;
- Good organisational skills;
- Fluent command of English (spoken and written);
- PC literate and management of business communication tools such as Mailchimp or Mobirise;
- A dynamic personality, flexible, capable of working in a small team, well organised and interested in working for a trade association in an international environment.
- Experience in working in EU affairs and/or EU Institutions;
- Educational background and/or working experience in Communication field;
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset;
- Experience in graphic design, website management, organisation of events.
The recruitment process is exclusively managed by EARS – the European Affairs Recruitment Specialists. All applicants should send their CV together with a cover letter (1 page).
Deadline for submission is the 26th June 2018.
Interviews with EFIC are expected to take place during the first two weeks of July 2018. The position will start as of 1st September 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org