International is looking for a seasoned, collaborative, and creative editor to join our team in Hong Kong.Candidates should be experienced editors who are driven by breaking news, have demonstrated an ability to elevate enterprise and can navigate all manner of subject matters, story types and platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Asia, especially China, as well as a strong record of writing and editing high-impact journalism. The right editor should be comfortable conceiving and executing coverage plans for news, features and projects, with an eye for how local developments play out globally and putting international stories in broader context. Digital skills are essential, especially an ability to explore new storytelling forms and think strategically about audiences.
This position is based in Hong Kong.
• Oversee and manage a team of reporters in Asia, driving coverage across a range of countries, subjects, and platforms.
• Develop and execute a strategy for coverage, including creating, managing, and editing a pipeline of features, enterprise and projects.
• Manage and edit breaking news, setting the agenda and priorities for editors and reporters.
• Build our digital presence by working closely with photo, graphics, video and multimedia to enhance our storytelling.
• Collaborate with journalists across bureaus, departments and time zones to maximize the impact of our reporting.
If you are an active employee at The New York Times or any affiliates, please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "Find Internal Jobs". Thank you!
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org