EuroNGOs (the European NGOs for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Population and Development) is a network of 36 non-governmental organizations from 22 European countries promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights. In essence EuroNGOs works to: (1) convene and connect civil society and likeminded stakeholders; (2) producing and sharing information and knowledge, strengthening skills for policy and advocacy work, and facilitating the development of collective advocacy actions. Its specific focus is sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) at development cooperation and global policy level.
For more information visit: www.eurongos.org.
The day-to-day management of activities and the overall coordination of EuroNGOs are in the hands of a small and dedicated Secretariat, based in Brussels and hosted by the International Planned Parenthood Federation European Network (IPPF EN), which also serves as EuroNGOs fiscal agent.
Every year, EuroNGOs organises an annual conference attended by 200 participants.
Job type: Full-time/Part-time 4 months fixed-term contract starting end July at the latest, and until mid/end November 2018 at the latest.
Reporting to: EuroNGOs Coordinator
To provide an efficient and effective coordination of the practical aspects of the EuroNGOs Annual conference and AGM, to take place on the 5th, 6th and 7th of November in Ghent, Belgium.
Communication, administrative and project support to the EuroNGOs Secretariat.
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
Duty (70%): Event coordination
- Coordinate administrative and logistical aspects of the preparatory and implementing phases of EuroNGOs’ International Conference and Annual General Meeting (and other parallel meetings), to take place on 5-6-7 November 2018;
- Register conference attendees, communicate with attendees on travel arrangements (when supported: plan booking, hotel booking, visa application, etc.);
- Update the team on the conference organisation using a project management software (Asana);
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers about conference logistics. Keep track of and check conference expenses;
- Support the EuroNGOs Coordinator and Senior Officer in writing interim and final financial and narrative reports about the conference organisation;
- Coordinate the printing and purchasing of all supporting materials, and their transport to Ghent;
- Identify and train volunteers to support the team during the conference;
- In liaison with the finance department, ensure administration of conference fee invoices and payments.
Duty (30%): Communication
- Support the Coordinator and Senior Officer in disseminating relevant information to members, partners and contacts about EuroNGOs’ conference to EuroNGOs members and partners;
- Update social media channels with information about the Conference and its speakers. Creation of social media teasers (using Canva);
- Coordination of the development of a conference logo and programme with outside company. Lay-out of conference template documents;
- Update the EuroNGOs website on an ongoing basis with details about the conference.
- 1-3 years experience in event planning and organisation;
- Proven track record in coordinating the practical and logistics of events of a similar size (mention which ones);
- Experience coordinating with hotels, vendors and other event service suppliers;
- Good online and in-person communication skills;
- Excellent command of English (equivalent to mother tongue level), Flemish is an asset;
- Attention to detail, well-organized, capable to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Experience in managing and updating social media channels (Twitter, Facebook);
- Experience using tools such as Asana (project management) and Canva (graphic design) is an asset.
Applicants must be supportive of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The position is full-time or part-time, with a 4 months fixed contract, based in Brussels and starting in July of 2018. We offer a competitive salary in line with the applicant’s experience. The Event Officer reports to the EuroNGOs Coordinator.
Please apply by sending
- A 1 page letter of interest. In the letter please clarify the earliest date in which you could start working and confirm that you can legally reside and work in the EU;
- Your CV;
- Contact details of two referees (your relationship to them, email and phone number).
by 25 June 2018 (no calls or email inquiries, please). Please use “Event officer vacancy” as the subject of your email.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the small size of the Secretariat, we will be able to contact onlyshortlisted candidates and we will not be able to give individual feedback.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org