SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed: Finance and Administration Advisor (f/m).
Mission of the Position
The Programme & Strategy (PS) Competence Centre provides professional support to enable the leadership & key stakeholders across the federation to fulfil our commitment to quality care and to maximise our impact. As part of the PS mission, we work toward championing care & ensuring child safeguarding, keeping the focus on our SOS Children’s Villages Care Promise, facilitating global strategy development & implementation, guiding policy and tool development, supporting implementation as a reliable partner to key stakeholders, facilitating programme networking, exchange and learning and positioning SOS Children’s Villages as a leading advocate; this latter being the objective of the Liaison & Advocacy (L&A) team.
In the framework of our SOS Children’s Villages Strategy 2030, the federation commits to give a voice to our target group and to increase our advocacy impact: “In 2030, we shall be able to continuously contribute to improving public policies for our target group in all the countries where we are active”.
As part of the L&A team, the Finance and Administration Advisor reports directly to the Head of Global Advocacy and ensures the running of human resources, finance, IT and general administration of the L&A team in direct (for Brussels-based) and indirect (for other L&A locations) support to the team and liaises as required with the International Office finance and human resources departments.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure the running of human resources, finance, IT and general administration of the L&A team in direct (for Brussels-based) and indirect (for other L&A locations) support to the team and as required liaise with the International Office finance and human resources departments on related subject areas;
- Manage social and legal issues, IT and payroll for the Brussels-based L&A team members;
- Provide support to the L&A team in terms of HR, administration and logistics;
- Organise and facilitate internal meetings and participate in meetings within SOS Children’s Villages International when relevant for the function;
- Develop and run a system of Knowledge Management for the L&A team;
- Formalise and regularly improve, train and support the L&A team on administrative and financial procedures in accordance with the SOS Children’s Villages International rules and the local laws.
- University Degree in Business Administration with focus on finance and/or HR, or equivalent technical diploma or higher level certification in a relevant subject;
- 5 years of proven relevant professional experience in general administration, human resources and/or financial management including managing budgets and producing standard financial reports/analysis, combined with a good knowledge of accounting practice and financial obligations in line with Belgium regulations; some related experience in managing projects is desirable;
- Experience in the day-to-day general management of a middle sized office including the smooth organisation of events and meetings. Some knowledge and/or experience working with a range of relevant external services i.e. Belgium social security services, tax authority, legal advisors, IT and/or building managers and the like would be an asset;
- Considerable knowledge and practical experience of Belgian labor law, ideally gained in an international context;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with a similar experience in an international setting and working with remote team members is a distinct advantage;
- Strong analytical capacity with a solid computer literacy;
- Ability to organise and manage her/his own workload combined with a strong focus on being client and solution oriented;
- EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Belgium is required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org