The Program Officer is an intermediate professional position at IFES providing tactical support to IFES programs in the Asia-Pacific region. Specific duties will include development, technical, administrative and financial management support and oversight.
Job Responsibilities:• Serves as primary interface with Country Director(s) and local staff to implement projects. Achieves project requirements within budget, established time frame, standards of quality, and funder satisfaction.
• Prepares budgets and approves field expense reports. Responsible for financial oversight of projects in partnership with Finance team.
• Establishes, maintains, and develops productive working relationship with field staff, subordinates, and consultants at large.
• Represents Program management at offsite venues for the purpose of business development and information dissemination.
• Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring.
• Trouble shoots project problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
• Monitors pending grant/contract actions and coordinates timely action and response.
• Travels to field office on a regular basis to oversee and monitor project activities.
• Participates in proposal development/new initiative process.
• Serves as Team Supervisor. Provides professional developmental opportunities for junior Program staff. Evaluates performance of Program Assistants and Program Associates. Offers input into performance of Country Directors to Program Manager or other evaluator.
• Works with HR to source and recruit critical talent.
• Works with Procurement to ensure timely acquisition and delivery of commodities.
• Coordinates assembly of monthly/quarterly reports.
POSITION SCOPE: Provide varied support functions and perform moderately complex job duties requiring knowledge of proposal development, program management, donor interface, and research and development initiatives. Contribute to program planning, development and management. Familiarity with IFES tools, methodology and best practices. Manage work activities with internal and external partners to assure achievement of assigned objectives. Performance and outcomes are subject to management oversight.
• BS/BA [Masters preferred] ideally with 4+ years experience in international development or related field.
• Experienced with budget management and oversight of large single project or multiple small projects.
• Program design and project management experience.
• Knowledgeable and experienced with USAID and/or non-USG (DFID, GAC, DFAT etc) grant and contract proposals, regulations, and procedures.
• Experienced proposal writer.
• English is required, foreign language skills are a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org