The Swiss Finance Council is looking for a Managing Director to head its Brussels representative office. The Council was established in 2013 to engage in dialogue around policy developments in finance. It articulates and advocates for the interests of of Swiss internationally active banks with EU institutions. The key responsibilities of the Managing Director include:
- Manage the Council’s EU representation office;
- Represent the Council with EU-level institutions;
- Develop joint policy positions on behalf of the SFC;
- Advocate for the interests of the SFC with relevant policy-makers.
The Managing Director manages a small team of experts and reports to the SFC Chairman.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with EU-level policy, regulatory or governmental affairs;
- Experience in regulatory positioning and advocacy on international level;
- In-depth understanding of challenges facing the financial sector;
- Track-record in senior stakeholder management;
- Proven team management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong understanding of corporate organizations;
- Articulate, persuasive, goal-oriented professional;
- Pro-active and collaborative personality with the ability to act in a dynamic and complex environment;
- Fluent in English, preference for good command of German.
Direct applications only. Applications are being handled by Martin Kuonen, COO of the Swiss Finance Council in Switzerland.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org