The UEMS is a non-governmental Organisation representing the National Associations of medical specialists at the European level. It is composed of 39 member associations and operates through 50+ Specialist Sections, European Boards and Multidisciplinary Joint Committees. The UEMS advocates for high quality medical specialist care, patient safety and lobbying for the needs and expectations of the medical profession. The UEMS strives to improve medical specialist training in Europe and seeks to improve the quality of care for European citizens.
The UEMS is supported by its Secretariat in Brussels and is seeking to recruit an EU Policy and Administrative Officer to join its highly motivated team.
The UEMS Secretariat is based in Brussels.
Some travel in European countries will be required.
Description of Responsibilities
EU Affairs tasks
- Advocate for and promote the needs and expectations of Medical Specialists at the European level;
- Attend Conferences, workshops and similar events on behalf of the UEMS;
- Contact Members of European Institutions and other relevant European Organisations to exchange views, share experience and formulate joint policy;
- Monitor and analyse key developments in European legislation considering the direct and indirect impact on medical specialist activity;
- Liaise with the UEMS constituency to involve them in European projects and affairs;
- Keep UEMS Members updated on EU matters.
- Ensure efficient information flow amongst the UEMS bodies;
- Manage and update the organisation’s website;
- Manage the database of contacts (intranet);
- Facilitate meetings: taking minutes, writing reports, documentation, technical assistance and other related tasks;
- Appropriate other tasks as requested.
- A University Degree in European Law, International Law, Political Science or related fields;
- Excellent spoken and written English and French (the UEMS’s working languages);
- An interest in EU affairs/policy, health issues;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Project and event management experience with good co-ordination skills;
- Experience in developing funding applications;
- Ability to multi-task and to manage a varied workload within deadlines;
- Good interpersonal, team-working and intercultural communication skills;
- Ability to build strong working relationships with UEMS members from all across Europe;
- Strong knowledge of Excel & other MS office applications;
- Willingness to travel;
- Problem-solving approach;
- Prior professional experience of EU framework and legislation is desirable but not a prerequisite;
- Knowledge of another European language is highly desirable.
What can the UEMS offer you?
A challenging job at a dynamic non-governmental organisation that is operating in an international environment.
The employment period will initially be for twelve months with the intention to offer an extension, subject to satisfactory performance in post.
The EU Policy and Administrative Officer will work under the responsibility of the UEMS CEO.
The salary will be set in accordance to relevant experience and background.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to [email protected] and [email protected] ASAP.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org