The American Research Center in Egypt – a nonprofit dedicated to preserving and fostering knowledge about Egyptian cultural heritage, historic monuments and archaeological wonders – is looking for a temporary hire to assist with marketing communications, development assignments, research and writing, along with other tasks in its Alexandria, Virginia office. The ideal candidate enjoys working with a lean team on a variety of projects and duties. This position is ideal for someone interested in gaining professional experience in a team setting and developing skills in communication, outreach and nonprofit management.
- Writing content for ARCE social channels, email promotions and website
- Compiling media contact list
- Working with the team on tasks for the development of a redesigned website at arce.org
- Assisting with various promotional campaigns: researching assets, writing and editing content, working with archival photographs and other relevant materials
- Support work on ARCE publications (semi-annual membership magazine, Scribe, and the Journal of the American Research Center in Egypt)
- Prospective audience research with membership and development leads, including foundations and corporations
- Additional projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt in a fast-paced work environment alongside a small staff
- Experience in interpretive writing, academic research or web development useful
- An interest in ARCE’s mission, international collaboration or nonprofit management
Please send resume and short writing samples to Meg Martin.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org