Position: Program Assistant
Reports To: Managing Director, Programs
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, coordination, and writing/research support for CIPE’s Managing Director for Programs.
- Provide administrative support for Managing Director, including scheduling, travel arrangements, and correspondence.
- Process and track payment requests, travel expense reports, and documents for signature.
- Handle international travel arrangements, events, and local meeting logistics.
- Organize and update Managing Director’s contacts.
- Adhere to appropriate office, CIPE, NED and USAID policies and procedures.
- Serve as point of contact for Program team inquiries and communications.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation among the members of the Program team.
- Review and edit program reports for submission to CIPE’s Program Coordination Unit (PCU) and donor agencies.
- Coordinate process and adherence to deadlines for submission of proposals, including review of narrative proposal, budgets, interim assessments, and supporting documentation.
- Prepare agenda for, facilitate, and write minutes for Program team meetings.
- Provide support and coordination functions for the Managing Director as (s)he promotes CIPE and its programs, cultivating relationships to advance CIPE’s mission and goals.
- Provide support and coordination functions for the Managing Director as (s)he develops and manages a high‐performing team to implement CIPE’s projects and programs in the department.
- Track program staff travel and follow-up with staff to ensure they submit trip reports in a timely fashion.
- Schedule regional portfolio reviews, prepare the agenda and the conference rooms.
- Provide administrative support to the Centers of Anti-Corruption and Women’s Economic Empowerment as they continue to grow and develop
- Help the Managing Director with the coordination of DRL processes
- Work closely with the Managing Director on the idea development and drafting of blogs, articles, and other output.
- Proofread and edit Managing Director’s writing.
- Provide research and background ahead of Managing Director’s speaking engagements and event attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs or related field required
- 1-2 years of administrative office experience
- Background in international affairs with an emphasis on political and economic issues
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage up and work closely with all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimum supervision
- Strong research skills and demonstrated interest in democratic development
- Strong coordination skills
- Articulate, well-organized and is able to take the initiative and lead on small projects as needed
- Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS-Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and internet research skills
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter, two writing samples, and salary history to [email protected] subject MDPA – [Your last name]. No phone calls please.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.