The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Resident Program Manager to design and manage a citizen monitoring program in advance of Iraq’s provincial council elections in December 2018. The Resident Program Manager will design and conduct activities such as consultations and trainings, in leading coordination efforts between Iraqi observer organizations. NDI seeks candidates with strong leadership and management skills, coupled with relevant citizen observation experience. Professional experience in transition societies, and in challenging environments is highly desirable. Arabic fluency is preferred but not required.
- Design and manage a comprehensive election observation support program in advance of December 2018 provincial council elections;
- Assist Iraqi civil society organizations and activists to lead comprehensive election observation efforts, including use of sample-based observation methodology;
- Provide day-to-day management, oversight and mentoring of national program staff in NDI’s Iraq office;
- Ensure programmatic goals are achieved and reporting requirements are adhered;
- Monitor program budget; provides a full, accurate and timely accounting of all funds;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners in civil society, election administration bodies, government and the donor community;
- Consult regularly with Washington-based staff on program progress and, draft and submit field reports to NDI/Washington that monitor and measure program results and political developments.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in international development, political science or management or related field; Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis;
- A minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience in international development, organizational development, election observation, or impressive experience at NDI;
- Practical experience in organizational development, coalition- and network-building, and nonprofit management;
- Significant training experience and workshop facilitation skills;
- Experience in providing guidance to citizen election observer groups, particularly through the use of sample-based observation methodology, including use of information and communication technology for data collection, management, and visualization;
- Experience in implementing USG-funded programs;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and apply sophisticated political analysis to programmatic activities;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior political and civic leaders as well as members of the donor and diplomatic community;
- Ability to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer, advisor and consultant;
- Ability to adjust programmatic activities based on changing political circumstances and in response to needs articulated by local partners and program stakeholders;
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to conduct professional political relationships;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, Arabic language preferred;
- Experience working in a non-English speaking multi-cultural work environment and promoting staff development;
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, G+, etc.) required;
- Ability and willingness to travel to locations throughout Iraq which may be remote and difficult to reach.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org