Title: Executive Assistant
Responsible to: Executive Director
Location: New York
Salary: Competitive package commensurate with experience
Benefits: 25 days of vacation, pension contribution (401k/403b), paid health insurance, inflationary increases to salary and other benefits eg 30 days of vacation after 3 years etc
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date for Applications: 23:59 EST Monday 9 July 2018
Overview of the role
Crisis Action is a small organization that places great emphasis on high levels of professionalism and effectiveness. As Executive Assistant, you will work closely with the Executive Director and the Deputy Executive Director to provide them with administrative support and ensure the smooth running of their offices. You will ensure that internal systems are cultivated and maintained to enable the highest possible functioning of these executives and their offices. You will provide support on day to day administration, such as scheduling and managing diaries, as well as supporting on various organizational projects and providing IT support.
You will be superbly well-organized and efficient and thrive working in a small team in which you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth-running of the organization. You will be self-motivated, able to take initiative and have excellent administrative skills and attention to detail. You will have a highly professional manner to represent the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director appropriately with senior NGO partners, Crisis Action’s Board and all members of staff.
The role is based in New York. The Deputy Executive Director is based in Spain and support is provided remotely from New York.
Support to the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director
- To maintain their busy international schedules, organize meetings and calls across time zones and organize all practical arrangements required.
- To follow up on and make appointments.
- To organize complex international travel for both the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director.
- To update databases and contact lists, mainly via Salesforce.
- To liaise with internal and external parties on their behalf.
- To schedule board meetings and liaise with board members on a range of issues.
- To provide the executives and New York office with IT support/troubleshooting and act as point person to liaise with outside support and internet service providers.
- To support with editing documents and preparing emails, expense reimbursement forms, and other financial or administrative documents.
Organizational Project Support
- To provide the Deputy Executive Director with project management support on campaigns, e.g. updating our campaign resource folders or assistance with our power audit.
- To provide the Executive Director with project management support on organizational projects, these may include the organizational strategic plan.
- To provide support to the NY office director by ordering office supplies and organizing monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Working with the HR Manager you may be asked to provide support on broader organizational-wide projects.
- You may be asked to provide occasional cover on organizational project support for the HR Manager or Operations Manager when they are on leave.
- You will be one of the organizational leads and champions on our use of Salesforce.
Essential Skills and experience:
- 2 – 3 years’ experience working as an Executive Assistant or in an equivalent administrative or office management role.
- Proven track record of effective project management, ability to take initiative and superb levels of organizational administration.
- Keen attention to detail and quality control.
- Immaculate organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and balance a wide range of responsibilities.
- Excellent computer and digital skills, including: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Expensify, Salesforce.
- Ability to engage in IT trouble shooting eg printer problems.
- Absolute reliability, dependability and track record of exceeding expectations.
- Excellent diplomatic skills to deal with a busy team and with a range of external stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to edit and tailor writing to different audiences.
- Strong oral communication and ability to communicate clearly with internal and external contacts, including high-profile individuals.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and respond to changing demands and priorities when required.
- Strong desire and ability to keep a range of communications confidential.
- Native command of English.
- Qualifications in administration or similar area.
The following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of the NGO sector and a commitment to Crisis Action’s aims.
- Experience in maintaining websites.
- Additional languages.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via our online system no later than 23:59 EST Monday 9 July 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. We regret that due to the volume of applications we cannot respond individually to each applicant.