A pioneering social impact communications firm with over 30 years of experience working on some of the country’s most important social change and social justice movements. Fenton creates top-tier digital cause marketing campaigns for past and present clients like MoveOn.org, the Aga Khan Development Network, the Carton Council, the Joyce Foundation, SEIU, Oxfam America and Johnson & Johnson. Fenton has 70 staff members in four offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco
What you’ll do at Fenton:
- Provide the structure and support needed to achieve overall vision for assigned projects (e.g. web development, advertising, media, strategy, technology, etc.)
- Oversee and direct multiple projects at a time (within a given brand or client or potentially across multiple brands or clients) or a singular, large scale or highly complex project, and ensuring that these projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations and are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Within projects, manage one or more junior staff assigned to projects, including allocating and assigning their time and support
- Interface heavily with senior marketing, technical and executive management within the client team to assure that the goal is understood and aligns to client strategy
- Ensure projects meet client requirements and work to exceed expectations through creative and thoughtful tactical planning
- Responsible for the accurate financial management of the portfolio of projects to which they’re assigned
- Oversee all aspects of projects: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality and communication to stakeholders’ fullest satisfaction
- Lead internal and external status meetings effectively; capture, store and distribute meeting notes and adjust project work plans accordingly
- Evaluate new project requests, identify resources needed, assign individual responsibilities, and deploy action items
- Provide regular updates and progress reports to internal teams and/or client stakeholders
- Act as point of escalation internally and with the client for all issues, budget reports and change orders
- Review all work before delivering to client; coordinate internal reviews and implementation related quality assurance efforts
- Keep track of lessons learned and share with internal and external team members to better the company through shared insights
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal and external processes along with actionable and thoughtful solutions
What we’re looking for
An outstanding, client-facing, digital strategist with a passion for making social change to join Fenton’s Washington DC team. The ideal Senior Account Executive candidate has 3 to 5 years of experience in managing and delivering omni-channel campaigns, social content, digital paid media and website projects from inception to completion. This new team member will be part of an elite team that gets projects completed on time, on budget and to our exceptionally high standards while working in a dynamic, fast-paced and forward-thinking digital agency environment.
- An expert in managing integrated, data-driven digital campaigns, including social media, website development, email advocacy outreach and paid media (social and digital display)
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent projects and cross-functional team members via web-based project management software
- Proactive and effective communicator with proven problem-solving skills and are confident in your ability to meticulously organize and keep your projects moving forward, keeping all stakeholders up to date with progress and overcoming any of the inevitable hurdles.
- An individual with excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communications skills with tenacity to solve clients’ problems quickly and to provide them with excellent service
- An enthusiastic and committed attitude, flexible problem-solver, open to participate and promote change within the organization
- A self-starter with ability to think independently and work autonomously when necessary and a desire to succeed among fellow professionals
- A person who is passionate about social issues with an emphasis on global health and international affairs, and interested in working on campaigns which tackle progressive causes
In addition to 3-5 years of experience in digital work or demonstrated equivalent experience, with preference for experience at a firm, we are looking for candidates with strong track record of:
- Advanced knowledge of the following: web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects. Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and other metrics platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of the following: social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc) as well as scheduling platforms (Example: Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, etc).
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple project coordinators, leads and/or managers at one time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
- Ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Expertise in web-based project management software and MS Excel data
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results
- Knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation
- 1-3 years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required
Apply using the form below, where you can upload your cover letter, resume and salary requirements and answer some questions to help us evaluate your application. Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org